Sunday, November 23, 2014

Bristish Book Challenge 2015 Sign Up


Hello Escapists! Today I am going to introduce you to a wonderful book challenge that I have been eyeing for a few years but due to one reason or another, could never sign up and start it. It is called The British Book Challenge 2015 and it has been going strong since 2011. Every year it is hosted by one of the amazing British Book Bloggers and this year this honour goes to Michelle at Fluttering Butterflies.



The challenge is simple. Read as many book by British authors as possible. How many you take up is entirely up to you. This challenge addresses two topics which are close to my heart namely supporting the British Publishers and also supporting more British Authors and books. With the book market flooding with authors from around the world, I think it is important that we support local authors and publishers. And I also get to make entries in a monthly prize draw. 

The books also don’t have to be new but old ones also count. This mean I have an excuse to pick through my impressive back log of tittles from time to time.

At this very moment I don’t have a lot of books in mind but I would be picking up as I go along as they can be advanced proof copies or even an odd old book. For more information on signing up, rules and FAQs visit Fluttering Butterflies.

Here is a small list I have compiled so far.

  1. The Mime Order by Samantha Shannon
  2. Masquerade by Laura Lam
  3. The Vanishing Throne by Elizabeth May
  4. The Night Itself by Zoe Marriott
  5. Darkness Hidden by Zoe Marriott
  6. Frail Mortal Heart by Zoe Marriott


These are only a  few books that I have in mind but the list is subject to change as I carry on reading more and if my proof copies get the better of me.

Once again, I am so pleased to have been lucky enough to post this challenge on time and being able to sign up in time. Thank you Michelle.



3 comments:

Michelle Fluttering Butterflies on November 23, 2014 at 1:58 PM said...

Hello, thank you so much for signing up for the British Books Challenge. I love that you're trying to read as many as possible :) That's fantastic. And you've chosen some amazing books: I love Laura Lam and Zoe Marriott in particular. And while I adore Holly Black, I'm afraid she isn't counted as being a British author :)

Escapism Fanatic on November 24, 2014 at 7:39 AM said...

Thanks for that Michelle. I was sure she was a British author. I'll change it straight away.

Joy Weese Moll (@joyweesemoll) on December 31, 2014 at 2:40 AM said...

It looks like you have a good starting list. I'm looking forward to this challenge!

Post a Comment

Have something to say?
I love comments on my blog. Leave a comment and I'd do my best to reply as quickly as possible.

 

Escapism Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Ugg Boots Sale | web hosting