Sunday, September 8, 2013

Witchstruck (The Tudor Witch Trilogy #1) by Victoria Lamb


Witch craft, queens and priests....


Title: Witchstruck
Author: Victoria Lamb
Series: The Tudor Witch Trilogy  
My ratings: 3 out of 5 stars.  
Publisher: Harlequin Teen  
Releases: 24th ofSeptember 2013
   Meg Lytton is a witch during Tudor times when being one is not only dangerous but lethal. she always lives with the fear that she will one day be caught and be burnt alive. She lives with the young Queen Elizabeth before she became Queen of England. Trying to hide her craft but stifling the urge to practice she walks a dangerous line.

Witchstruck is a brave new venture into the lives of people long gone, in Tudor times when the land was in unrest and the people lived with superstition and fear. The Queen Elizabeth was shown here as the young girl who lived in captivity under the command of her sister. It was interesting to see historical figures being incorporated into fiction. It has always made me slightly uncomfortable but Witchstruck did not take it too far.

Meg Lytton was an average character, I could relate to her at a certain level but she did not have any thing memorable about her. In fact, the atmosphere and the setting made her grim and depressing.

Alejandro was the priest who was living with them and was Meg's love interest. I saw a spark in him at the beginning of the narrative, when he was introduced to the story but it was soon smothered.

I wish there was more witchcraft involved with more witch-y elements brought into the plot but regardless of that I enjoyed reading Witchstruck. It was not a memorable book but it was not bad either.

Witchstruck may strike a cord with readers who like historical fiction and fantasy thrown in and I believe it would appeal to younger teens, and be informative in regards to life in the Tudor times.

ARC received from Harlequin Teen

Releases on the 24th of September, 2013



1 comments:

Unknown on September 8, 2013 at 12:39 PM said...

Well, I think we have the same thoughts about this book
I published my review of it last week, it would be great if you check it out
I think that it was good but not memorable and I wanted more witchcraft too
Your reader,
Soma
http://insomnia-of-books.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

Have something to say?
I love comments on my blog. Leave a comment and I'd do my best to reply as quickly as possible.

 

Escapism Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Ugg Boots Sale | web hosting