Many thanks go to Jenese at Reader's Confessions for tagging me with the Liebster Award. This award is for bloggers with fewer than 200 followers. Awardees get to share 11 facts about themselves, answer the 11 questions written by the person who tagged them, choose 11 more questions, and tag 11 more bloggers to answer those 11 questions.
When did you start blogging?
I started blogging almost a year ago but never did it properly. I went on and off on it. But from the past few months I have been more serious about it.
What made you decide to blog?
All my friends on Good reads had started blogging and it seemed like so much fun. Plus none of my friends I see daily are as crazy about books as I am so the blogosphere is great for meeting people who like the same kind of books and we can connect.
What are your goals for blogging?
Nothing in particular, if I’m honest. It is more like a space for self where I can vent all my pent up- craziness about books which I can’t share.
What is best thing that's happened to you since you starting blogging?
I have to say, it the number of people I have met. I have made so many friends because of my love for books. They know and understand what I feel and share the same madness over a new book or a new series.
What is your all-time favourite book?
Please do not ask me that question. I can never give you a specific answer. Once I start I won’t be able to stop as I love a lot of books but can never choose one.
What is the one book/series that you would suggest to me?
I know you love the Downside Series and that is how we met on GoodReads but please try the Kate Daniel Series by Ilona Andrews. It is one of my favourite Urban Fantasy series even if the first book is kind of hard to get through. Another s series would be the Experiment in Terror Series by Karina Halle. I just read it recently and loved it.
Where do you receive your ARC's or do you only purchase your own?
I get my ARCs from NetGalley or Edelweiss but recently I have been getting emails from indie authors too which I’m considering now. I purchase if I can’t find it but I get my books from libraries and borrow them from friends too.
Who is your all-time favourite author?
Please I can never answer that. The list is way too long.
Where is your favourite place to read?
Currently it’s on my sofa in my Living room but when I’m in India it’s on the terrace.
What is the greatest blogging advice that you have received so far?
Don not blog to please others. It is your blog and YOU own it so do what you like with it.
To lighten it up, Magic Mike comes out Friday (yahh)...who would you cast in your movie? :-)
I don’t know about casting but I am going to watch an advance screen on 2nd July (as it realises on 11th July in the U.K) soon. Yippee!!!
FACTS ABOUT ME.
1. I live in the U.K
2. I work full time at a blood Laboratory
3. I’m always blogging at work.
4. I own a five foot long fish tank which hold 400 litres of water full of fish
5. I’m not blonde or wear sexy boudoir clothes like my avatar up above even if my friends think that perhaps I have blonde roots.
6. I commute hence I get so much time to read.
7. I have a pair of hot pink trainers.
8. I’m terrified of slugs, snails and frogs but not so much from spiders.
9. I’m probably ruining my eyes sitting on the computer for such long hours.
10. I’m taking my boyfriend to watch Magic Mike with me.
11. My Kindle is called Kenny and my Laptop is Mr. Lappy.
Okay, time you to answer my questions now. I have done enough talking, I want to know more about you.
1. Are you a coffee or a tea person?
2. Do you like paperbacks or e-books?
3. Do you try lots of new authors or you stick to only well-known ones?
4. How much weight does a review by a friend hold for you? IF they rated badly will you still chose that book?
5. How do you get time for blogging as in my case at work?
6. Are you afraid of anything e.g. spiders, which is irrational?
7. Has a book kept you awake all night until you could the sun shining?
8. Is your blog a way to relax or does it make you tense about posts and follows?
9. How many books do you read a one time?
10. Is there anything that particularly puts you off while reading making you stop the book altogether?
11. While reading, do you imagine the characters to a T or is it slightly blurry for you?
I would like to tag the following bloggers
Laura @ Little Read Riding Hood
Annabelle @ Read Write and Read some more
Becky @ A Reader's Devotion
Julie @ Confessions of a teenage Bibliophile
DT @ Dead Trees and Silver Screens
Sphie @ Dogeared and Coffee Stained
Helene @ Helene's World of Books
Jenny @ Into the Morning Reads
Johanna @ A Damsel in book-stress
Brita Kirk @ Novel Days
Michelle @ Bookish Poodle
Thank you so much Jenese for Tagging me. Answering the questions have been fun.Please come back and give me your links.