Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (10)


Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted on Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


My Pick this week is;
SHADOWS BEFORE THE SUN (Charlie Madigan #4)by Kelly Gay

After filling out mountains of paperwork, Detective Charlie Madigan sets out for a death-defying trip into heavenly Elysia to rescue her partner Hank and bring the siren home. Of course, she doesn’t expect to leave behind an all out siren revolution or return home to find that jinn crime boss, Grigori Tennin, has begun a massive search for the divine being, Ahkneri. Tennin’s tactics set off a chain reaction that puts Charlie in the crosshairs of the shadowy creature known as Death and awakens Ahkneri from her long sleep. And when Vengeance rises, Atlanta will never be the same.


I had seen this series around for a while but never picked it up. It was a mistake. This series is great with ass kicking characaters, intriguing plot twists and hunky Sirens. My favourite book had been The Darkest Edge of Dawn, which was full of a very sexy siren, Hank. If you are a fan of Urban Fantasy you cannot miss this series and don't let the boring blurbs put you off.The new cover looks science-fictiony but pretty and I cannot wait for more adventures by Charlie and what trouble she and Hank get into.

Releases on 31st of July,2012.


While commenting, please leave your WOW post links so that I can follow and comment back.




2 comments:

Alexa on May 9, 2012 at 4:11 AM said...

Sounds like I need to read this series. I have seen it many time at the store but I can usually see the second book not the first. I shall have to order book one at some point in life lol.

Thanks for showcasing this one, I hope you enjoy the story when you get your hands on it. :)

Escapism Fanatic on May 10, 2012 at 6:15 PM said...

This series was unexpectedly good. I'm sure you will like it too Alexa.

Post a Comment

Have something to say?
I love comments on my blog. Leave a comment and I'd do my best to reply as quickly as possible.

 

Escapism Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Ugg Boots Sale | web hosting