Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (8)

Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted on Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


My Pick this week is;

THE UGLY DUCHESS(Fairy Tales #4)by Eloisa James

Theodora Saxby is the last woman anyone expects the gorgeous James Ryburn, heir to the Duchy of Ashbrook, to marry. But after a romantic proposal before the prince himself, even practical Theo finds herself convinced of her soon-to-be duke's passion.

Still, the tabloids give the marriage six months.

Theo would have given it a lifetime…until she discovers that James desired not her heart, and certainly not her countenance, but her dowry. Society was shocked by their wedding; it's scandalized by their separation.

Now James faces the battle of his lifetime, convincing Theo that he loved the duckling who blossomed into the swan.

And Theo will quickly find that for a man with the soul of a pirate, All's Fair in Love—or War.


I recently finished reading Eloisa James' Fairy Tales # 3, The Duke is Mine, which had me hitting myself on the head thinking, why had I not started this series before. At the end of the, there was an excerpt of The Ugly Duchess and I was hooked.The relase date could not come sooner.

Each book, in this series is based on a fairy tale, retold as a Regency Romance.

Releasing 24th of April, 2012.

What book are your eagerly awaiting this week?

2 comments:

Alexa on April 26, 2012 at 2:34 AM said...

I have yet to read anything by this author even though I have her first book in this 'series' about Cinderella. I'm glad to see it is good and that it is worth reading. HOpefully I'll read her work soon.

I hope you enjoy this one!
Happy reading

Escapism Fanatic on April 26, 2012 at 12:19 PM said...

Thanks Alexa. I enjoyed the thrid book. It is quite unusual for me to read out of order but I think it was okay.
I will be going back to read more by this author.

Post a Comment

Have something to say?
I love comments on my blog. Leave a comment and I'd do my best to reply as quickly as possible.

 

Escapism Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Ugg Boots Sale | web hosting