Monday, March 19, 2012

In My Mailbox (4)

In my mail box is a weekly feature host by The Story Siren in which each week, we, fellow bloggers share what books we have bought, received, or borrowed in the last week.

This week was Library galore time too. I have been visiting libraries in and around my neighbourhood in the hopes of getting new books. Since the age of the Kindle has arrived, don't you sometimes miss reading a paperback. I love my Kindle but lately, I have been craving the weight of a book.The awkwardness of holding on to the right page while doing something, trying to dog-ear it, etc, etc. so, I have been getting paperbacks for myself these day.This week I got;

Just Like Heaven (Smithe-Symthe Quartet #1)
I love Julia Quinn. She writes great Historical Romances and when I pick one of her books I'm sure I won't be bored as not only are they great romances by they are great fun to read. Cute, sexy and Funny. What is there not to like?

Shiver (The wolves of Mercy Falls #1) by Maggie Stiefvater

This book I have heard so much about.Last year this series was all over Goodreads. So when I spotted the first book in this series, I had to pick it up.

What books did you get this week?

4 comments:

Chey on March 19, 2012 at 1:21 AM said...

I totally loved Shiver and I hope to get Linger and Forever sometime in the near future. :) Happy reading!

Alison Can Read on March 19, 2012 at 2:56 AM said...

Great set! I love Shiver. I really want to read Julia Quinn's books. Enjoy!
My IMM

Miss Vain's Paranormal Fantasy on March 19, 2012 at 4:53 AM said...

Hi Samina!
I hope you enjoy your books, I read Shiver and hated it a couple years ago, however I'm in the minority and tons of people loved it, so I hope you enjoy it as well!!! Great IMM this week, thanks for visiting my post today!

Also, I knew you loved Beautiful Disaster, I hear fans of Fifty Shades will, what's your thoughts on the similarities???
XO

Escapism Fanatic on March 19, 2012 at 10:51 AM said...

Thankx Miss Vain.I'm taking my chances with Shiver. The worst that can happen is I would hate that book.

Beautiful disaster was a great read for me.I can see how some people compare it with Fifty Shades as it involves around an unhealthy realtionship with a broken beyond repair hero. I have a feeling you will like it.

Post a Comment

Have something to say?
I love comments on my blog. Leave a comment and I'd do my best to reply as quickly as possible.

 

Escapism Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Ugg Boots Sale | web hosting