Saturday, October 22, 2011

Daughter of Smoke and Bone (Daughter of Smoke and Bone #1) by Laini Taylor


My ratings: 4 out of 5 stars.
What can I say about this book that hasn't been said before.It is the first book in a exciting new series by Laini Taylor.The book cover alone makes me wanna buy it(yup,call me shallow but I buy books for their covers).

After reading great things about this book I had to stop reading th regular UF series and take this up.I have to say I wasn't dissapointed.The premise is that Karou is a 17- year old girl living in Prague who is an art student however she is not as normal as people might think she is.She drawas monsters in her art book with are her family with which she has grown up.Then one day she sees a winged man.Hence begins our story.

What I loved was the setup, autumnal Prague cold yet beautiful.Karou made for a great heroine with spunk and intelligence.The side characters, like Zuzanna, Brimstone, Issa breath life in the world of the Chimeara and the Seraphilms.And stuck between them was Karou.

However the ending left me dissatisfied with the story.It wasn't a ciffhanger as such but it made me think what was the point of it all.I really enjoyed the first two-third of the book but after which it sort of slowed down on me.

Regardless, I thoroughly enjoyed this book and recommend it to all Ya fans who have had enough of vampire love stories and are looking for something new.I will keep a look out for the next in the series.Oh did I mention it has a hot guy who is sweet as honey called Akiva.Yes girls go and grab this book now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say?
I love comments on my blog. Leave a comment and I'd do my best to reply as quickly as possible.

 

Escapism Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Ugg Boots Sale | web hosting