Sunday, August 14, 2011

Shameless ( The House of Rohan # 4) by Anne Stuart



My Rating: 4 out of 5 stars.
Shameless is a great addition to the Rohan Series by Anne Stuart. It is a typical historical romance however I kept me hugely entertained. This is my first Anne Stuart book and I am delighted to have finally read her. I had heard good things about this author and I am glad I finally took this book up. I am delighted to say I loved it.

The story was great if slightly predictable but isn’t all romance predictable. If you want something that you don’t expect then this is not your cup of tea. The characters are very well etched out and you can feel each one of them. On the surface they might look like regular run of the mill, a rake but not just a rake who has been married twice and looking to get married again. A widow who reforms prostitutes and is a semi-virgin. Put both of them together and sparks fly.

Benedick and Melisande take you on a journey, their bickering and banter is funny whereas the sexual tension is tangeble.The sex scenes were handled with care and the reader was left eager to know what will happen next and how. At no point was I bored while reading it as I find myself skimming through some romances. The side characters were well written and the small story about Emma and Brandon has had me anticipating for another story. I really liked the book and am looking forward to reading more of Anne Stuart’s work. A good historical romance.

ARC provided by NetGalley.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say?
I love comments on my blog. Leave a comment and I'd do my best to reply as quickly as possible.

 

Escapism Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Ugg Boots Sale | web hosting