Sunday, August 14, 2011

My Dearest Enemy by Connie Brockway


My Rating:5 out of 5 stars.
What a delightful experience. It was good from the beginning to the end, which cannot be said about a lot of books. I did not skim or skip a single line.
They characters were believable while being charming in a historical romance way. I like a story when the protagonists bicker so obviously I loved the interaction between Avery and Lily. Their letters to each other were witty and fun to read. The scenes were Avery reads them to his friends was enjoyable and the romance between them was touching.
This book did not have lot of sex and whatever was there was very lyrical. It is not a bad thing. In fact it was one of the things I liked about it that it was so true. I loved Avery who kept on saying he was a gentleman and forgot to behave like one whenever it suited him. He kept on bellowing that he is a gentleman throughout the book.The way he expressed his felling for Lily at the end was very moving. It was so unlike what we see in regular historical romances when the hero passionately confesses never dying love.

Lily on the other hand was a good match for Avery. I liked her but not as much as I like Avery. Well what more can I say.

I have said everything I could so instead of wasting time, people go and read this book. I would recommend it to anyone who likes witty banter and a touching romance.This one goes straight to my favourites.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say?
I love comments on my blog. Leave a comment and I'd do my best to reply as quickly as possible.

 

Escapism Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Ugg Boots Sale | web hosting