Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The Perfect Rake (The Merridew Sisters, #1) by Anne Gracie



My rating: 3 out of 5 stars
This was an easy read. One of the average historical romances. It wasn’t great but I would not grade it has badly. The characters were not that interesting and some of them were paper cut. It does seem like a good start for a series but I will not read the other books until one of them seems really exciting.



It starts off well but half way through the plot I lost interest. All I liked about this book was Gideon, he was funny and intelligent. He found humour in the bizarre situation they were stuck in. It was rather refreshing to have the guy fall for the girl first. He does not faff about his feelings and once he has made up his mind he pursues his goal. It was adorable that he had always found Prudence pretty and could not understand why everyone else kept calling her plain.



I would recommend it to any historical romance fan who likes funny, humorous romance.





View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say?
I love comments on my blog. Leave a comment and I'd do my best to reply as quickly as possible.

 

Escapism Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Ugg Boots Sale | web hosting