Thursday, August 18, 2011

Dark Needs at Night's Edge (Immortals After Dark, #5) by Kresley Cole



My rating: 4.5 out of 5
This book is the story of the fourth Wroth brother who falls in love with a ghost.Yep, that's right a ghost. I was very intrigued from the start as how will Cole give a ghost and a crazy vampire their HEA but she does not disappoint. The start of the story can be deemed as cute and sweet. The characters interesting enough to keep reading. I have to tell you I really liked Neomi. For being a ballerina I immediately thought her to be a delicate, complaining snob. But she surprised me with her zeal for life and happiness. She took whatever life gave you and tried to make the best of it.Conrad on the other hand was vicious, cruel and simple just crazy. Slowly, he grew on me with his innocence and vulnerability.

It was refreshing that there wasn't any bodice ripping moment as soon as the characters meet but slowly and steadily they fall in love. I loved it that this time around the guy was not a practiced womanizer but an innocent whereas the girl was the all knowing.I also like that Cole didn't just cure Conrad but it was a slow process to get his sanity.

After reading Wicked Deeds on a Winter's night is was thinking of giving up on this series but I am glad I didn't.

Overall, this edition in the Valkyrie series was nice and sweet and has made up my mind to continue with it. And, yes Nucking Futs -Nix is hilarious in this too.





View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say?
I love comments on my blog. Leave a comment and I'd do my best to reply as quickly as possible.

 

Escapism Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Ugg Boots Sale | web hosting