Thursday, August 18, 2011

The Mane Event (Pride, #1) by Shelly Laurenston



My rating: 3 out of 5 stars
The Mane Event basically has two stories with interrelated stories and characters. It is a fun paranormal read with interesting characters. I will not write a summary as many before me have done a adequate job.



The best part of the stories was the humour which lead to make laugh out aloud moments. The couples are cute keeping the book interesting.The story moved fine and the romance was good too.The paranormal aspect of this book was well developed and appropriately used to create the settings. However I would warn you this book goes into the erotica category. There is sex and a lot of it. Luckily it is tastefully written and doesn't feel unnecessary.



This book was interesting enough for me to complete it but I am not completely bowled over by it.The reason could be because I am not a huge fan of erotica. I have not read a lot this category as I do not enjoy it as much as Urban Fantasy. The tension, action and excitement is what draws me which this book seemed to be lacking.



Any paranormal romance reader looking for a sexy read would not be disappointed with The Mane Event.Sadly, I am not sure if I will continue with the series but the wicked humour may bring me back to it.





View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say?
I love comments on my blog. Leave a comment and I'd do my best to reply as quickly as possible.

 

Escapism Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Ugg Boots Sale | web hosting