Friday, February 26, 2016

Audiobook Review: The Rose Society (The Young Elites #2) by Marie Lu


Dark, bold and a new chapter for YA fantasy
Title: The Rose Society
Series: The Young Elites
Author: Marie Lu
Publisher: Penguin, UK
My ratings: 5 out of 5 stars
Released: 15th October, 2015
Last year I absolutely loved The Young Elites and the wait for The Rose Society felt torturous. But I am pleased to say, the wait was worth it.

The Young Elites ended not exactly on a cliff hanger but on the precipice of a new chapter in Adelina’s life. With an explosive climax in The Young Elites, the Rose Society begins with a steady pace leading to an end which blew my mind away. I do apologise for this reviews in advance, as it is difficult to write a cohesive review.

I won’t be delving into the premise as I don’t think it is needed. This book was dark, so very dark and from what I can see, the next book is going to be darker and I love it. This series has always been about our heroine (antiheroine?) Adelina and her journey as she grows into her power. From the discovery which I am sure will lead to her destruction. I love how she is not your typical sweet, nice YA heroine. Her evil(?) thoughts is atypical and at times seem selfish but I believe that makes her real. She is slowly growing in a villainous making me question my feelings and has me toen on what to root for.

We also see a return of old favourite characters and a few new ones which made thing all the more interesting. My favourite character was Terren in The Young Elites but now as Adelina slowly descends into a darker place, I think her selfishness us slowly making me like her more.

I know, it doesn’t make sense to me either. But I can guarantee that The Rose Society will have you teetering on the edge of your seats with its intricate, vast setting, and lush world building with characters which raises questions and offer more than just a good time. I did feel that the story lost it’s fast pace in the middle but the action towards the end more than made up for it. True to the previous book, The Rose Society also ended with nail biting tension making me scream for the next book. Highly recommended for all YA Fantasy fans.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say?
I love comments on my blog. Leave a comment and I'd do my best to reply as quickly as possible.

 

Escapism Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Ugg Boots Sale | web hosting