Friday, May 1, 2015

Review: Vampire Watchmen (Samantha Carter #2) by Tim O'Rourke


Exciting, addictive and effortlessly kick ass
Title: Vampire Watchmen
Series: Samantha Carter
Author: Tim O’Rourke
Publisher: Piatkus Books, UK
My ratings: 5 out of 5 stars
Released: 14th September, 2014
After the explosive Vampire seeker ended with Samantha Carter arriving back to her native London and having doubts about her adventure in the Wild West, Vampire Watchmen takes off exactly after a year she arrived at the tube station. Unbelievingly while she is struggling to make sense of her experience and she is determined to prove that it was real and not a dream, she is once again whisked away to another adventure. However this time she arrives in London during the Black Death in the 15th century. Fortunately she meets her old gang of friends and it seems like they know a lot about her time traveling tendencies than they let on before.

Again Vampire Watchmen took my breathe away how quickly it manages to drag me into the dark, dangerous world. The writing is ruthless and some scenes are graphically described that the blood thirsty in me was quite satisfied. There is still a lot of mystery surrounding Sam’s time travelling and The Preacher had forbidden anyone to reveal the truth. Plunged into a world of vampire, courts, kings and disease, I was immediately carried away with the pace and the effortless story telling.

We get to see some more smexy times with the smouldering Harry and it seems there is a reason why he behaves the way he does. Sam is still such a relatable character with just the right mix of wit, charm, humour and nerves. Her narration is spot on and I loved watching the world from her eyes.

Over all The Vampire Watchmen was another fantastic edition if the Samantha Carter series. It has everything I could possibly ask for. It was additive and I’ve already started hounding Tim O-Rourke to tell me when I get Book 3. I have so many questions about this series and I’m hoping I’ll get some answers soon. This series is a must read or any fantasy, or urban fantasy fan.

Review copy provided by Piatkus Books, UK
 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say?
I love comments on my blog. Leave a comment and I'd do my best to reply as quickly as possible.

 

Escapism Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Ugg Boots Sale | web hosting