Monday, December 8, 2014

Movie Review: The Hobbit- The Battle Of The Five Armies



Perfect ending to an epic journey
Title: The Hobbit: The Battle of The Five Armies
Director: Peter Jackson
My ratings: 4.5 out of 5 stars
Releasing: 12th December, 2014
Last week I was lucky enough to attend a pre-release screening of The Hobbit - The Battle of the Five Armies. Having never seen the Lord of the Rings trilogy or The Hobbit franchise, I was in for a surprise. I was not sure what I was in for but my excitement built when the screening day drew closer. I was even more delighted when I found it was a 3D version. I arrived starry eyed and after a quick explanation about switching ours phones off to ensure no piracy or recording takes place.

I won't surmises the story line as I am unable to give it justice as I have not read the books. The movie starts with non stop action from the start to the end. The first scene start with Smuag destroying the Lake village. I was quite surprised that it was played by Benedict Cumberbatch which I didn't figure out till the credits. The action scenes and the special effects were spectacular. soon I realised that I was sucked in the narrative, the story telling, the beautiful cinematography and the outstanding battle scenes.

My only complain is that I wish there was Martin Freeman featured in the story. He is such an excellent performer and I wish we could have seen more from him. Less Martin Freeman means more screen time for the other actors who did a splendid job in making the viewers invested in the movie.

My verdict is that it is a must see movie for the franchise fans and the regular folks alike. It was entertainment on steroids and I loved this last adventure to the fullest.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say?
I love comments on my blog. Leave a comment and I'd do my best to reply as quickly as possible.

 

Escapism Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Ugg Boots Sale | web hosting