Thursday, October 9, 2014

ARC Review: Cover Him With Darkness by Janine Ashbless


Beautiful, provocative and sensual
Title: Cover Him With Darkness
Author: Janine Ashbless
Publisher: Tempted Romance
My ratings: 5 out of 5 stars
Releases: 14th October, 2014
I absolutely love it when a book surprises me. I picked this after just reading the blurb and despite its lack lustre blurb I decided to give this a try. I am so glad I did. I was hooked from the first page.

Milja is the daughter of a Priest living high in the mountains and hiding a family secret. Her family is in charge of keeping a prisoner under the thousands of tons of rock. A man bound and captured in a cave deep within the mountain, naked and bound it her family's responsibility to fed it and ensure that it is keep here. Watching him since she was a little girl until one day she realises she is in love with him. When her father finds out he send her to the United States. Few years later, she comes back to tend to her ill father and all hell breaks loose. Will she uphold the request her father made or will she be compelled by her love to go release the man in pain.

It is due to books like these that I am willing to pick up new authors and new books. I want to be surprised, the rug snatched under my feet. Janine Ashbless was an unknown author to be but I am willing to pick up her works now that I have read Cover Him With Darkness.

Milda may be described as one of those heroines which may annoy some reader and she makes some very bad decisions. But under it all, she is a kind, and passionate person. She hides behind her meek façade but she has been so passionately in love with a man trapped under her house that she cannot stop thinking about them. He has taken over her mind. Usually I would cringe in a situation where the heroine claims she is in love with a guy she barely knows and the same happens in this story but somehow I believe her. He is fascinated and equally terrified of this beautiful man about which she knows nothing about. Sexual, lush and seemingly inviting she knows she is smitten for life. Azazel is another ball game all together. Dark beautiful, passionate, and insane he seems obsessed with Milja. I found him so hard to understand and I wish he had more page time. In my opinion he is the one who moves the story forward. He is so hard to decipher and from millennia's worth of captivity he has gone slightly insane. He is volatile, powerful and compelling. He is the epitome of a tortured hero but I loved how he becomes so vulnerable where Milja is concerned. I'm still not sure how and what he feels but I desperately want to know more.

Then there is Egan is the beta to Azazel's alpha and while I do find him sweet and somewhat endearing I feel that he lacks Azazel's magnetism.

The sex scenes are beautifully written which are sexy. Provocative and sinfully delicious without being raunchy or cheap. With Azazel's enemies hunting Milja, only the next book will tell us what Milja has unleashed by releasing him.

The story was written with such flare and this deep sense of respect about all this angelic and religious that I could feel the author's research and reverie on the book. Milja is deeply religious due to her upbringing and so many quotes from the Bible and religious texts are used and so beautifully woven intot he story line that adds that extra bit of authenticity to this dark romance.

Cover Him in Darkness is one of those books which will take you by surprise you and makes you sit up and take notice. It seems low key but it's dark, beautiful, and intense. I do hope the Janine picks this up for a sequel as that will make me very. Very happy. Highly recommended for paranormal romance, and dark romance readers.

ARC received from Tempted Romance via Edelweiss


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say?
I love comments on my blog. Leave a comment and I'd do my best to reply as quickly as possible.

 

Escapism Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Ugg Boots Sale | web hosting