Sunday, July 20, 2014

Review: We Were Liars by E Lockhart


Atmospheric and poetic
Title: We Were Liars
Author: E Lockhart
Publisher: Hot Key books, UK
My ratings: 4 out of 5 stars
Released: 15th May, 2014
We Were Liars was one of those hyped up books that everybody was talking and I certainly see why. It is difficult to really write a blurb for this book and the elusive synopsis is more than enough to describe this story.

But what I can tell you is that this book is about love, friendship, relationship and family. Lockhart has a poetic way of writing which may or may not appeal to some people and the way the story progresses is what keeps you riveted to the book. The narrator, Cadence has a dramatic way of describing thing but this is what keeps you going as it gives a strange sense of eeriness.

The story is clever even if the plot is slow as molasses. In fact some may argue it has not plot at all but I would like to point that this book/story is not about the plot but about the writing, the atmosphere, and the prose.

The other characters were unique and somehow they seemed heart felt to be. I had predicted the big reveal about a quarter of the book in but even when it does occur, it was sad and touching. I felt what Cadence left and I could feel why she loved Gat as much as she did.

If you want an atmospheric, clever YA filled written with a embedded sense of sadness and sorrow, this book is for you. The writing style may not be for everyone but it’s something new and unique.

ARC provided by Hot Key Books, UK

3 comments:

Unknown on July 20, 2014 at 2:28 PM said...

Well, you are right
I have been hearing a lot about this book and it is very intriguing
Your reader,
Soma
http://insomnia-of-books.blogspot.com/

Carina Olsen on July 21, 2014 at 9:32 PM said...

Great review sweetie :D I'm glad you enjoyed this book. It do seem interesting :)

Unknown on August 20, 2015 at 2:10 PM said...

Thank you so much with regard to giving everyone an update on this issue on your website. Please be aware that ifSynagen IQ a brand-new post appears or in the event that any improvements occur on the current article, I would consider reading more and focusing on how to make good usage of those methods you discuss. Thanks for your efforts and consideration of others by making this blog available.http://www.healthsupreviews.com/synagen-iq/

Post a Comment

Have something to say?
I love comments on my blog. Leave a comment and I'd do my best to reply as quickly as possible.

 

Escapism Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Ugg Boots Sale | web hosting