Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Review: Lick (Stage Dive #1) by Kylie Scott


What happens in Vegas, rarely stays in Vegas
Title: Lick
Series: Stage Dive
Author: Kylie Scott
Publisher: St. Martin’s Griffin
My Ratings: 3 out of 5 stars
Released: 6th May, 2014
Ireally wanted to love Lick. When I read the blurb I just knew it would either be brilliant or cheesy. Unfortunately Lick was somewhere in between.

Evelyn goes to Las Vegas to have to fun but imagine her fright when she wakes up married to a rock star. Amidst the confusion, she is whisked away to LA to a life style which she has only read about. She doesn’t remember the circumstances of her marriage and in fact remembers very little of the night itself. So when David, her husband finds out he hurt and doesn’t want anything to do with her. But will Evelyn be able to remember the night and be able to give herself and David what they deserve?

I had high hopes for this. I was hoping it would be lough aloud fun and in some parts it was but other parts didn’t feel right. The story was fine but I still didn’t see or feel the connection between David and Evelyn. I still don’t see why he would want her but then slowly their night in Vegas is revealed. And the pieces start to fit together.

Evelyn was funny and I her relationship with her best friend was funny and cute. She makes mistakes but she releases what she has done and tries to what is right. I enjoyed reading about David too. Conflicted, confused and slightly jaded and bitter from the world he lives for his music and for all the simple tings life has to offer. There was nothing remarkable about the story line or the protagonists.

I enjoyed the other characters in this book too, namely the other band members, especially Mal. He is funny, sarcastic, fun and with hidden depths. I’m told the next book is about him but I’m afraid like many other romance books in a series, the story about the funny guys becomes all about ‘his depth and tortured soul hidden from view' and all the trace of the original guy you loved to read about is gone.

Anyway, coming back to Lick, it is a cute romance, made believable in a fairy tale sort of a way. A dream which almost every girl sort of dreams about, to be able to find her rich, sexy, amaze-balls (no pun intended) husband who want the plain jane even if he lives amongst beautiful women but recognizes your inner beauty. Yeah, that’s the kind of dream I’m talking about.

ARC received from St. Martin’s via Netgalley
 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say?
I love comments on my blog. Leave a comment and I'd do my best to reply as quickly as possible.

 

Escapism Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Ugg Boots Sale | web hosting