Sunday, June 22, 2014

Letterbox Love

Letterbox Love is a new weekly meme hosted by Narratively Speaking. UK book bloggers have joined together and made a British version of a mailbox meme which is excellent.




My dear Escapists,

These are the books I received over the last couple of weeks. Some of them are unsolicited and some I won. Lately I have been in a funny reading mood and have no patience for trying new books. Is it a crime to want to read only book I know will be good and not take a chance and get bored half way through. I hate DNF-ing books and I've already quit two books in the last two weeks.
Moving on, below are the books I got through my Letter box.

Books I received:



Midnight CrossRoads by Charlaine Harris
I was pretty surprised to see this come through the door and turns out I'd won in an GoodReads Giveaway. I'm not sure if I really enjoy Harris's style of story telling but I will give it a try.
Thank you Gollancz Books.




The Blood Keeper

This is second book in the series which I won from Random House. It looks pretty good and the blurb is promising too. Thank you Random House.


The Destiny of Violet and Luke
This came as a surprise too as I did not expect to find this either. I have read The Temptation of Lila and Ethan by Jessica Sorensen before and enjoyed it too. So I'm looking forward to reading this title by her.
Thanks Little Brown Books.


The Seventh Miss Hatfield
I won this tittle on a GoodReads giveaway too but my eyes have been on this baby for a while now.
Thank you Gollancz.

Angelfall and The World After
I fell in love with Angelfall(my review) the first time I read it and The World After(my review) was a fantastic sequel to follow up the success of Angelfall. I won the above books from Chapter5's lucky dip and was over the moon when they arrived. Not only are they great books but they are pretty to boot. 
Thanks Chapter5.

What books did you get this week? Fancy sharing as I'ds love to hear about them.







0 comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say?
I love comments on my blog. Leave a comment and I'd do my best to reply as quickly as possible.

 

Escapism Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Ugg Boots Sale | web hosting