Sunday, May 4, 2014

Review: Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake (Love by Numbers #1) by Sarah MacLean


A Rake and a Spinster who won hearts
Title: Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake
Series: Love by Numbers
Author: Sarah MacLean
Publisher: Piatkus, UK
My ratings: 5 out of 5 stars
Released: 1st of May, 2014
Nine rules to Break when Romancing a Rake is a story which will leave you smiling at the end. It centres around Callie who is 29 and according to everybody around her, she is soon to go 'on the shelf'. One night she decides she has had enough of acting docile and decides to take fate in her own hands. She makes a list of thing that she always wanted to do but never could because 'good ladies do not act so'. Hence begins her quest for fulfilling her list and in the process she bags herself the titled gentleman she had been pinning for 10 years.

I loved Nine Rules to Break when Romancing a Rake. It had everything I'd hope for in a historical romance and more. I really enjoyed Callie, a woman fed up of being restrained by society and goes ahead and grabs her heart's desire. I enjoyed how she got the courage to break from convention and demanded*for example) to be kissed passionately.

This brings us to Ralston. I would not say that there was anything remarkable about him. He was a rake, a handsome rogue and Callie's unwilling partner in crime. I loved their banter together and how slowly over the course of time he learned to love the plain and plump Callie.

The plot was driven and it never slowed down. The back and forth between Callie and Ralston brought forward a few laughs and the dread in Ralston as Callie did one of her items in her list and his begrudging respect for her was nicely done.

Over all, Nine Rules to Break when Romancing a Rake is a solid addition to the historical romance genre, which was entertaining, sweet, funny, sexy and left a smile on my face. Highly recommended for Historical Romance fans.

 Released 1st of May, 2014 in the UK
ARC provided by Piatkus, UK


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say?
I love comments on my blog. Leave a comment and I'd do my best to reply as quickly as possible.

 

Escapism Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Ugg Boots Sale | web hosting