Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday


Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted on Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're impatiently eagerly anticipating.



 My Pick this week is;
RUIN AND RISING (The Grisha #3) by Leigh Bardugo


The capital has fallen. The Darkling rules Ravka from his shadow throne.

Now the nation's fate rests with a broken Sun Summoner, a disgraced tracker, and the shattered remnants of a once-great magical army.

Deep in an ancient network of tunnels and caverns, a weakened Alina must submit to the dubious protection of the Apparat and the zealots who worship her as a Saint. Yet her plans lie elsewhere, with the hunt for the elusive firebird and the hope that an outlaw prince still survives.

Alina will have to forge new alliances and put aside old rivalries as she and Mal race to find the last of Morozova's amplifiers. But as she begins to unravel the Darkling's secrets, she reveals a past that will forever alter her understanding of the bond they share and the power she wields. The firebird is the one thing that stands between Ravka and destruction—and claiming it could cost Alina the very future she’s fighting for
.

Releases in June, 2014

I absolutely cannot wait for this book. I am in love with this series and in love with The Darkling. Yeah I know he is evil and murderous but he has more character and depth and many layers which gets revealed slowly over the course of this series.

The cover for this book was revealed last week but as everyone has pretty much seen and drooled over it I decided not to do a post on it.  Well, all I have to do is twiddle my thumbs and wait for the end of this brilliant series.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say?
I love comments on my blog. Leave a comment and I'd do my best to reply as quickly as possible.

 

Escapism Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Ugg Boots Sale | web hosting