Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass #2) by Sarah J. Maas


Make way for the sword wielding assassin with sass
Title: Crown of Midnight
Author: Sarah J. Maas
Series: Throne of Glass
Publisher: Bloomsbury, UK
My ratings: 5 out of 5 stars.
Released: 15th August, 2013

The one thing that makes Crown of Midnight epic is Celeana. She is back and she is tougher than ever. When we were first introduced to Celeana in Throne of Glass we were still getting to know her. She felt mysterious and deadly no doubt but she still had a tiny remnant of the whimsical girl left in her which I enjoyed reading about. Crown of Midnight starts of with the same Celeana but let me tell you she does not remain the same.

I had some niggling doubts in the first book but Celeana’s credibility as the greatest assassin as most of the time in Throne of Glass it seemed like she was in a losing battle. We were told but not exactly shown how Celeana really was. Crown of Midnight remedies this and does it with a glory. I am absolutely in love with Celeana and her love for life even when she has experienced so much death and atrocities around her.


S.J Mass’s writing is flawless as she seems to seamlessly narrate the story from the point of view of different characters giving the impression to the reader that they are one step closer to solving the mystery and then she throws another curveball and reveals another layer to the multi-layered plot.


I also believe the side characters and of course the main characters have been written with a lot of thought with new facts being brought to the light and you are that every thing is not as it seems and everyone and everything is more than what meets the eyes.


“Sometimes, it felt as though the darkness stared back at her--and the face it wore was her own.”

I don’t want to reveal too much but I can say Dorian and Chaol had a strong presence into his book and I’m still divided on whom I like more Chaol or Dorian. Celeana knows but how it will turn out, I genuinely don’t know. The plot keeps getting twisted and more intricate and the mystery about Celeana may have been cleared but it has may bring about more sub plots which I can not even anticipate.
“I worry because I care. Gods help me, I know I shouldn't, but I do. So I will always tell you to be careful, because I will always care what happens.””



ARC provided by Bloomsbury, UK

Released on 15th August, 2013

3 comments:

Samantha on August 20, 2013 at 6:01 PM said...

I have high hopes for this book. To be honest, I really didn't like Celeana in Throne of Glass. She just didn't feel like the badass character I wanted. I'm really hoping she develops a bit here.

Samantha @ Reading-AndCoffee

Escapism Fanatic on August 20, 2013 at 9:39 PM said...

that is why this sequel is so good because we finally see Celeana as she was meant to be - brutal, swift and fearless.

Laureen (Ms. Bibliophile) on August 21, 2013 at 12:31 AM said...

Okay, everyone I follow seems to love this book and I still haven't read the first one! Tomorrow I'm going to go shopping for the first so I can find out what everyone is loving so much... Thanks for sharing your review!

Laureen @ Ms. Bibliophile.

Post a Comment

Have something to say?
I love comments on my blog. Leave a comment and I'd do my best to reply as quickly as possible.

 

Escapism Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Ugg Boots Sale | web hosting