Saturday, August 17, 2013

All Our Yesterdays by Cristin Terrill


A unique, exciting, fast paced and gut wrenching journey
Title: All Our Yesterdays
Author: Cristin Terrill
Series: All Our Yesterdays
Publisher: Bloomsbury, UK
My ratings: 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Released:1st Ausgust, 2013
A
All our yesterdays took me by surprise. I did not know what to expect from it and I believe that is what I enjoyed most about this book. Every turn and twist and every step taken by the characters had an effect which I in no frame of mind was able to anticipate will affect the plot.
The plot it self was not that complicated and I'm surprised that nobody had really thought of this yet. It was simple and yet complicated in so many ways.

The best word to describe this book would be 'gripping' Yes, it grabbed a firm hold of me and wouldn't let me go until I had read the last word of this book. The plot and story line were solid. When dealing with a subject like time travelling so many paradoxes and issues come out that it is impossible to just sit back and enjoy. While reading All Our Yesterdays I was waiting when there would be a big flaw in the plot but none came. Every concern was addressed and yes there were a few hitched but they could have been easily ignored.The story was fast paced and at no pointt did I have even time to think as I was too busy looking up the next pages as to see what will happen next.

What I really enjoyed was not only the contrast between the past, the present and the future but also the character development that took place. My review may seem cryptic but the characters were changing right in front of my eyes, both in the past and in the future.

I disliked Marina at first but by the end of the book I loved her as much as Em did. Em was someone I truly enjoyed reading. Her feeling, her emotions her dilemmas were heart wrenching and I felt myself being shredd into pieces.I tired but I truly could not hate the doctor and Finn is another matter. He may seem a little light hearted but he also seem to have greater depths to him which was revealed later.
“The truth is, the world is a fucked up place sometimes."

I don't know what I can say that hasn't been already said bout this book. Over all it a clever, well thought, gripping, thrilling book which will have something for everybody. Towards the end I was on edge holding on for dear life as Cristin took me on a ride which was bumpy yes but also exciting. Its a fantastic debut and this book will not be easily forgotten and when good and evil cannot not be easily distinguished.

“But progress is always dangerous, isn't it? Most of the time, walls don't get dismantled brick by brick. Someone has to crash through them.”

I'd recommended it to all reader who not only like to read time travelling books but also about moral dilemmas. even though it is a YA book it not only has angst but a sense of maturity to it which will appeal to a large audience. Cristin Terrill is a new author to look out for. Needless to say I cannot wait for the next book.


ARC provided by Bloomsbury UK

Released 1st August, 2013



2 comments:

Laureen (Ms. Bibliophile) on August 17, 2013 at 9:12 PM said...

I've been seeing a lot of buzz about this book lately, but I haven't been too sure about this one. It sounds great, though, and I love time travel in books. Thanks for sharing your review!

Laureen @ Ms. Bibliophile.

Unknown on July 3, 2015 at 8:26 AM said...

This sort of thing needs to happen! Really its a must to take a look past everything and get upset. Alpha ZXT This will help you stay above the curve.I have read a few of the blog posts on your blog these few days, and I truly like your way of blogging. I added it to my favorites site list and will be checking back soon. Please check out my site too and let me know your thought.Would you be taken with exchanging links?http://www.musclegainhelp.com/neuro3x/


Post a Comment

Have something to say?
I love comments on my blog. Leave a comment and I'd do my best to reply as quickly as possible.

 

Escapism Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Ugg Boots Sale | web hosting