Sunday, February 10, 2013

Into the Hollow (Experiment in Terror #6) by Karina Halle


No matter what happened, he was Dex and I was Perry and that combination only led to trouble.

Title: Into the Hollow
Author: Karina Halle
Series: Experiment in Terror
Publisher: Metal Blonde Books
My ratings: 5 out of 5 stars
Released: 15 November, 2012
Into the Hollow was the highly anticipated 6th book in the Experiment in Terror series by Karina Halle. This released sometime in December but like a tasty morsel I had been saving this for a time when need something to get myself hooked. And hooked I was.

I don’t want my version of events to be spoilery but it’s difficult to discuss this without giving anything away. After the events in On Demon wings, we were all on pins and needles as to what will happen to Dex and Perry. I mean let’s be honest, the spooks and scary are great but I’m absolutely addicted to Dex and Perry. Okay, so let’s move on, Perry is still having issues with her family and she decides for her own well-being she has to move out and where better but to move in with Dex. They are still as awkward as ever but the different type of tension was delicious too. Now that all issues have been resolved and they are living together (well, sort of) what can go wrong? It seems a lot can. Dex and Perry are back on the show and this time they will be investigating a creature sighting in the Canadian Rockies. Personally, it’s a nightmare. All the snow and isolation with a creature sounds horrifying. Anyways, The pair head off to the Rockies and we get another heart stopping book with buckets loads, wait make it truck- loads of tension, drama and spooks to keep you going.

“Because I’m not really trying. When I do try, you’ll know it. And then you’ll throw the whole damn rulebook out the window.”…… .

To be honest, it took me a few chapters to really get in to the story. It has never happened before but I guess as I had already read those chapters (Karina kindly had released snippets) I didn’t miss anything. But once things got rolling boy they were unstoppable. The creepy stuff starts quickly broken by Dex and Perry’s tension over their unresolved issues which sat like an elephant between them.



My skin prickled and I fought the urge to turn around and bury my head in his chest and cry until there was nothing left. I knew he would hold me for as long as I needed. I knew his touch would put my fears away. But the fact was scary in itself. .


Perry in this installment seemed slightly different to me this time. It may be her harrowing experience a few months ago or perhaps she is finally growing into herself. She seems more confident. I’m not saying that there was no confusion, but the confusion was a touch more adult. She made a few decisions which I declare I was utterly delighted by and I’m hoping she is going to stick with it.

“Perry, when I fuck you, you’re going to want it. And you’re going to be sober. I don’t want just your body in all this. I want everything. Your soul too.” .

Dex was shown in a new light too. Karina keeps making me love this man more and more. Tortured, broken and probably insane this man gives this books the added depth and us, readers some man candy. If you thought that knew Dex, he makes a right U-turn and you are dazed as to the extent to which his character has been developed. I can go on but for the sake of the unspoilt readers I won’t but I’ll soon be running off to The EIT forums now.

“You’re the light. You’re my light.” My chest pinched at his words and a wave of warmth flooded me from head to toe. I was no longer cold. I was glowing from the inside out.” .

The spook this time was not a ghost but something else entirely but terrifying nevertheless. Karina managed to still get a reaction from me by only describing the sounds.

Even with a slow beginning, Into the Hollow packs a punch. In all fairness it was a continuity book which doesn’t take us further into the main plot but some significant changes do happen. I’m can’t wait to get my hands on Come Alive in the summer but I can’t Hassle Karina to write quicker and I’m almost her stalker.

“Do you really think you’ll win me over by having sex with me?” “Well, they say the way to a woman’s heart is through her vagina.” .

I loved Into the Hollow. In fact I love all EIT books be it a novella or a full-fledged book. I’m not sure what exactly do I like about these books but I just know that I’m already dreading the end of this awesomeness even if it’s three books away from ending.

So, if you call yourself a new adult fan. Scratch that, if you call yourself a fantasy/paranormal fiction fan the EIT series is a must read. I cannot recommend it enough. Do yourself a favour and grab a copy now, you won’t regret it.





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say?
I love comments on my blog. Leave a comment and I'd do my best to reply as quickly as possible.

 

Escapism Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Ugg Boots Sale | web hosting