Friday, November 9, 2012

Feature and Follow Friday (34)


 

This is a feature hosted by Para-Junkee and Alison can Read.They have been awesome and this feature allows to meet new book bloggers and book fans spread all over the Land of Internet.

Q: Do you mind books with similar ideas to other books? Similar concepts, backgrounds, retellings or pulled-to-publish fanfic?
DEPENDS....Some books which have similar story line and characters and use the same plot devices annoy me to no end. This is especially true when I'm reading Urban Fantasy or in fact any fantasy book, the main part of this type of books is the world and the fanatsy where the story develops. If that is a rip off then the enjoyment of reading the book dries quickly. However, this is not true for say. historical romance. We all know the guy and the girl will end up together. The guy most likely will be a rake and the woman a bluestocking. They most will have a convenient marraige and will fall in love. Sigh....that never gets old for me.

Does same type of story in two books annoy you?


I love reading your comments so feel free to chat.

You can follow me however you like RSS, GFC or Linky




4 comments:

Kazhy @ My Library in the Making on November 9, 2012 at 4:46 PM said...

I agree! But for me, I love the girl-loves-bad-boy story <3

New GFC follower! Here's my F&F post ^^

- Kazhy @ My Library in the Making

Alison Can Read on November 9, 2012 at 6:26 PM said...

Hopping through. I think most romance - paranormal or UF has a similar vein to it - whether it's YA or adult. It just has to have enough originality to set itself apart.
My Hop

Kaitlyn Devin and Grace on November 9, 2012 at 8:26 PM said...

I'm a little embarrassed to say but the whole falling in love after a marriage of convenience gets me too lol Anyway, I'm hopping through from Parajunkee's FF, I'm your newest GFC follower :)

-Kate the Book Buff
Recent Post: Feature and Follow: Whaddya Think of Bookish Copycats and Fanfic?

Kristen on November 10, 2012 at 12:24 AM said...

Good answer!
New Follower!
Kristen @OCA

Post a Comment

Have something to say?
I love comments on my blog. Leave a comment and I'd do my best to reply as quickly as possible.

 

Escapism Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Ugg Boots Sale | web hosting