Saturday, October 27, 2012

Stacking the Shelves (20)

S
tacking The Shelves by Tynga's Reviews is a feature/blog hop, where fellow book bloggers like myself can share what books or ARCs we received, bought or borrowed.



Letterbox Love is a new weekly meme hosted by Narratively Speaking. UK book bloggers have joined together and made a British version of a mailbox meme which is excellent. As I already participate in Stacking the Shelves, I will be adding this to my list too.





Hello my fellow Escapists,

Sorry about the absence on the blogosphere recently. I just had a hectic week, hence the lack of reviews. I have a few books I received that I'd like to share.

Look at the beauty!  This is a classic reprint of The Master and the Margarita by Mikhail Bulgakov.I was surprised good good it looked when it arrived in the post. It's hardback with beautifully crafted illustration on the cover and the inside. The photo doesn't do it justice. Thank you Folio Society!

Another wonderful book that I received last week is Writing Britain (Wastelands to Wonderlands).    Its a great book which maps out the writing history of our nation.Thank you British Libraries / British authors.

I won this hilarious book from Penguin last week. It's rude, obnoxious and funny. Thank you Penguin!


I won this book from Serendipity Reviews two weeks ago. I already had this as an e-format but I'm glad I got a paperback too. I loved this book and can't wait for the second book. Read my review here.


What books did you stack in your shelf? Share with me.





14 comments:

Sabina on October 27, 2012 at 12:04 PM said...

I loved Throne of Glass, and you've reminded me that I need to buy it so I have a hardcopy!

My STS

Sabina @ Delirious About Books

Rebecca on October 27, 2012 at 12:39 PM said...

The Master and the Margarita is so pretty!!! I hope you enjoy all.

Leah on October 27, 2012 at 1:56 PM said...

Lovely mailbox!

I haven't yet read Throne of Glass but I've heard amazing things about it!

The Master and Margarita is absolutely beautiful!

:) I hope you enjoy all of your books.

My StS

biochemguy on October 27, 2012 at 2:13 PM said...

The only one of these I had heard of is Throne of Glass but I hope you enjoy them all! Happy reading! ^.^ If you would like to check out my Stacking the Shelves you can do so here. :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats that's a lot of cool wins. Happy reading.

Grace Fonseca on October 27, 2012 at 5:13 PM said...

Very nice. I enjoyed Throne of Glass a lot. Great haul.

Grace

Amber (Books of Amber) on October 27, 2012 at 5:17 PM said...

I'm glad you enjoyed Throne of Glass! I read it back in August, and really liked it. Enjoy your books!

Books of Amber

Read Write Reviews on October 27, 2012 at 5:21 PM said...

I loved Throne of Glass!

Check out my Haul!

 Click to go to my UK and Ireland Giveaway for Breathe By Sarah Crossan

Unknown on October 27, 2012 at 9:19 PM said...

I like rude and obnoxious books too. I better check out Hate Mail

Braine

P.S. Happy weekend!

Anonymous said...

Great haul :) Enjoy reading! That Hate Mail book looks hilarious!

Kyra on October 28, 2012 at 7:14 AM said...

The Master and the Margarita is beautiful! Enjoy all your new books!
My book haul: http://blogofabookaholic.blogspot.com/2012/10/stacking-shelves-22.html

Theta Sigma on October 28, 2012 at 7:22 AM said...

Nice haul.

Wastelands to Wonderlands sounds fascinating as there's a rich and diverse pool of writing in Britain.

Throne of Glass is already on my Wish List and I saw a copy in Waterstones yesterday which made me think that I want this book.

Happy reading.

Please check out my haul for this week at http://resolution-corner.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/showcase-sundayletterbox-lovestacking_27.html

Anya @ On Starships and Dragonwings on October 28, 2012 at 7:54 PM said...

I keep wanting to read Throne of Glass! Congrats for winning it! :D And Letterbox is a cute new meme, yey :D

Here's my haul this week: http://www.onstarshipsanddragonwings.com/2012/10/28/buried-in-books-8/

Lynsey Newton on November 5, 2012 at 10:46 PM said...

I LOVED Throne of Glass so much!!

Post a Comment

Have something to say?
I love comments on my blog. Leave a comment and I'd do my best to reply as quickly as possible.

 

Escapism Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Ugg Boots Sale | web hosting