Friday, October 26, 2012

Feature and Follow Friday (32)


 

This is a feature hosted by Para-Junkee and Alison can Read.They have been awesome and this feature allows to meet new book bloggers and book fans spread all over the Land of Internet.

Q:What writing device or trick most irritates you when reading a book? For example, if an author employs an omnipotent narrator that is sometimes considered bad form.
 Apart from the love at first sight plot line which is a instant put off to me, I hate it when a love triangle is created just to drag the story out. I love the tension in any regular love triagle but sometimes it drags for no reason when it's clear who holds the heroine's affection.

Is there any plot devices which annoy you?


I love reading your comments so feel free to chat.

You can follow me however you like RSS, GFC or Linky




11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I extremely agree with you.

Check out MY FF

Unknown on October 26, 2012 at 1:58 PM said...

I also hate the insta-love, and in most cases, the love triangle also.

New follower

My FF

Unknown on October 26, 2012 at 2:17 PM said...

Love triangles seem to be popular this morning! Have a great weekend :)

Old follower

http://theparanormalpalace.blogspot.com/2012/10/feature-friday.html

Unknown on October 26, 2012 at 3:23 PM said...

Great answer ~ so agree!!

~Ali
My FF

Jennifer on October 26, 2012 at 4:22 PM said...

We have similar answers this week! Only certain writers can pull off love triangles and even fewer can pull of insta-love. Old follower.

BTW, I see you are reading How Beauty Met the Beast. I just finished that and loved it! Can't wait to see what you think.

Happy Friday!
Jennifer @ Feminist Fairy Tale Reviews

Mrs. Jones on October 26, 2012 at 4:55 PM said...

Yeah, I said Insta-love and triangles in my answer too!!!

Old follower-
Come check out My FF
-Theresa

Unknown on October 26, 2012 at 6:04 PM said...

Oh, I agree with the insta love thing so annoying! I even wrote a whoel post on it at me blog today.

New follow via GFC.

Julie~ New Adult Addiction

SF on October 26, 2012 at 9:24 PM said...

Yeah...I think I would say anything that exists JUST to drag the story forward is bad. Stories shouldn't "be dragged" to the end like a dead body. They should sort of gallop off into the horizon and take off flying.

Old follower. :) Here’s my FF

Unknown on October 26, 2012 at 10:08 PM said...

WORD!

Braine

Unknown on October 26, 2012 at 11:44 PM said...

Insta-love seems to be the most talked about today! hate it too! :)

http://mydailyobsessionreview.blogspot.com/2012/10/feature-and-follow-3.html

Anonymous said...

Definitely don't like insta-love. New Twitter follower...
My Follow Friday: http://roundedpages.wordpress.com/2012/10/27/feature-and-follow-friday-2/

Post a Comment

Have something to say?
I love comments on my blog. Leave a comment and I'd do my best to reply as quickly as possible.

 

Escapism Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Ugg Boots Sale | web hosting