Friday, October 19, 2012

Feature and Follow Friday (31)





 

This is a feature hosted by Para-Junkee and Alison can Read.They have been awesome and this feature allows to meet new book bloggers and book fans spread all over the Land of Internet.

Q:When you step out of your USUAL genre what do you like to read? Best books in that genre? …
My usual genres are Urban Fantasy, Historical romance an Young adult with dystopian and fantasy elements. However I venture into erotica which is unusual for me. It provides a break from the tedium, that is YA heroines. The most recent dark erotica I read was Seduced in the Dark (Dark Duet #2) by C. J Roberts. This was the second and last part of the set and I'll add this is not for the weak of heart. It is dark, very dark with non- consensual sex and practices which would leave you in a ethical dilemma. I want to hate the characters but I simply couldn't. Another book that need mentioning is Comfort Food by Kitty Thomas.
Tell me your usual gnres and what books do you read which takes you out of your comfort zone.


I love reading your comments so feel free to chat.

You can follow me however you like RSS, GFC or Linky

>



6 comments:

Tanya Patrice on October 19, 2012 at 10:15 AM said...

I guess for me, stepping out of my usual genre would be contemporary books & historical fiction - I'm a speculative fiction type of girl - but a pretty eclectic reader, so I do try to mix it up a lot.

Adriana @ BooksOnHerMind on October 19, 2012 at 4:11 PM said...

I have to remember to do this! I don't read erotica but I have noticed you like horror/dark books then you usually review which is interesting...
Dystopians and Romance are usually my favorites although I do love reading an adventurous or intuitive children's read... basically any time I can get my hands on one (:
She’s Got Books on Her Mind

Alison Can Read on October 19, 2012 at 6:22 PM said...

Hopping through. I haven't read erotica, but I do want to read 50 Shades. I'm curious about the hype.
My Hop

Unknown on October 20, 2012 at 7:03 AM said...

Hopping through. Great choice for stepping out of your favorite genre!

http://mydailyobsessionreview.blogspot.com/

Maeva on October 20, 2012 at 5:42 PM said...

DuetI have never heard of Dark Duet, I may have to check that out :) I guess adult fiction would be where I got the most out of my usual genre...

Maeva
Murphy's Library

Anya @ On Starships and Dragonwings on October 22, 2012 at 1:28 AM said...

Interesting, erotica was not what I would have expected, haha! I have to say I haven't tried much of it yet.

I noticed that you're currently reading Stormdancer, how are you liking it??

I'm a new follower :D Here's my blog http://www.onstarshipsanddragonwings.com/2012/10/21/feature-follow-friday-1/

Post a Comment

Have something to say?
I love comments on my blog. Leave a comment and I'd do my best to reply as quickly as possible.

 

Escapism Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Ugg Boots Sale | web hosting