Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Destroy Me (Shatter Me #1.5) by Tahereh Mafi


Obsession that will lead to destruction
Title: Destroy Me
Author: Tahereh Mafi  
Series: Shatter Me  
My ratings: 5 out of 5 stars.  
Releases: 2nd, October 2012
If you're fascinated by Warner in Shatter me, Destroy me is a must read. He was depicted as a ruthless, heartless, scheming, enigmatic villain, who was a murderer. but if you like your men twisted as if you loved Adam but even slightly intrigued but this mysterious leader of Sector 45 then pick this one now. This book was written from Warner's POV and it is set right after Juliette leaves. I showed so many layers to him. Warner and Juliette have so much in common that it is eerie how similar they are. Juliette might not know yet but once she gets to know him I'm sure she can understand him better than anybody else.

I don't even have to look at them to know what they're thinking. But knowing they feel only makes me more determined to live a very long life. I will give no one the satisfaction of my death...”
Warner is not as bad it he is shown in shatter me. My suspicion is that Tehereh Mafi wanted to some the good side of Warner. Perhaps even make people fall like him more. Well, it certainly worked. He is more crazy than I initially thought but there is some kind of method to his madness. He is still not right in the head but neither is Juliette. When he find Juliette's diary, it was so heart breaking. I was clear that Warner is OBSESSED with her with whatever reason, even he is not sure about.

But there's something about the way she looks at me that always makes me feel insignificant, as if she's the only one who's realized I'm entirely hollow inside. she's found cracks in this cast I'm forced to wear everyday, and it petrifies me...”
We also meet Warner's father, who is a sick b******. Poor Warner, unloved and uncared. Overall, I loved this book. It warmed me up towards Warner, and helped me gain a better understanding of his mind. Plus it also bridges the gap between Shatter Me and Unravel me.



2 comments:

Liesel K. Hill on October 18, 2012 at 4:12 PM said...

Still haven't read Shatter Me yet. Really need to get to it! Thanks for the review! You make it sound so awesome! :D

Anonymous said...

I am the General Manger of the recently-purchased and renovated Timber Cove Inn. After a 2.5 million upgrade, Cognimaxx XL the raccoons have returned to nature, we have remodeled the rooms, and we have added hiking trails and an events lawn overlooking the spectacular Sonoma Coast.http://www.healthcaresups.com/cognimaxx-xl/

Post a Comment

Have something to say?
I love comments on my blog. Leave a comment and I'd do my best to reply as quickly as possible.

 

Escapism Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Ugg Boots Sale | web hosting