Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (16)

Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted on Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.




My Pick this week is;

ETIQUETTE & ESPIONAGE (Finishing School #1) by Gail Carriger

It's one thing to learn to curtsy properly. It's quite another to learn to curtsy and throw a knife at the same time. Welcome to finishing school.

Fourteen-year-old Sophronia is the bane of her mother's existence. Sophronia is more interested in dismantling clocks and climbing trees than proper etiquette at tea--and god forbid anyone see her atrocious curtsy. Mrs. Temminnick is desperate for her daughter to become a proper lady. She enrolls Sophronia in Mademoiselle Geraldine's Finishing Academy for Young Ladies of Quality.

But little do Sophronia or her mother know that this is a school where ingenious young girls learn to finish, all right--but it's a different kind of finishing. Mademoiselle Geraldine's certainly trains young ladies in the finer arts of dance, dress, and etiquette, but also in the other kinds of finishing: the fine arts of death, diversion, deceit, espionage, and the modern weaponries. Sophronia and her friends are going to have a rousing first year at school.

First in a four book YA series set 25 years before the Parasol Protectorate but in the same universe


Releasing on 5th February, 2013.

The Parasol Protectorate was a refreahing mix of paranormal and steam punk genres. As this series is set in the same type of world then a good time is guarenteed. The blurb looks really exciting and Gail Carriger is surely going to make becoming a proper lady adventurous.



4 comments:

Sandy on July 4, 2012 at 2:54 PM said...

Oh this is on my TBR list too! I haven't read any of the novels in The Parasol Protectorate series yet but I have read Soulless, volume 1 the manga adaptation of the first book in the series and I loved it. It made me more anxious to pick up the books and I have book one waiting for me on my iPad.

Sandy
My WoW

Read Write Reviews on July 4, 2012 at 2:55 PM said...

I still need to read the Parasol series but this sounds really good!

My WoW!

fakesteph on July 4, 2012 at 5:26 PM said...

I am SOOOO excited for this one. It looks AMAZING!

Escapism Fanatic on July 5, 2012 at 3:56 PM said...

Sandy and Annabelle - You should definitely read the Parasol Protectorate books. They are quite different than your general UF.
fakestepf -I'm excited too about this. It doesn't come out until next year :(

Post a Comment

Have something to say?
I love comments on my blog. Leave a comment and I'd do my best to reply as quickly as possible.

 

Escapism Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Ugg Boots Sale | web hosting