Sunday, July 1, 2012

ARC Review :Wilde's Army(Darkness Falls #2) by Krystal Wade

Title: Wilde’s Army
Author: Krystal Wade
Series: Darkness Falls
Publisher: Curiosity Quills.
Releases : 4th July, 2012
My ratings: 2.5 out of 5 stars.

After a great start to a brand new series, Wilde’s Army fell somewhere in between. Katriona is still in Encardia and after the nightly visit from the God, Griandor she has been instructed to gather an army for her to fight the darkness. On her quest she is supposed to defeat the darkness and all evil with her love for Arland and the power given to her by birth.

I was hoping to see so much more from this but what I got was nothing. The first book saw Kate landing in Encradia, the birth place, where she finds out her destiny of saving the world. She falls in love and discovers herself. This edition I went in with high hopes as Wade had built this intricate world with new terrifying creatures, possessions and evil gods.

The first book promised lots of character growth but I found Kate still grovelling and requesting her powers to come and rescue her from situations.

I am disappointed to admit how much I did not like it. I’m not saying I hated it but I found all the ongoing cheesy and boring. It all seemed like feel good filler. For the record I have always disliked feel good cinema/books. There was a lot of talking and talking and when there was action the magic came when Kate was with ‘her love’, Arland. Her words not mine.

Arland on the other hand has become boring and unexciting. Gone is the beautiful, warrior who used to haunt Kate’s dream instead here is seems he has turned weak with no power over anything. The only one I somewhat enjoyed was Perth, whom nobody liked or trusted. He would say something mean and that made my reading colourful.

Overall, this book just did not do it for me. I have seen it have many 5 star reviews and no matter how much I wanted to like this I simply could not as I found it cheesy and unexciting. The great would be dystopian setting with a save the world heroine is still there but unremarkable and forgettable.

ARC provided by NetGalley




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say?
I love comments on my blog. Leave a comment and I'd do my best to reply as quickly as possible.

 

Escapism Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Ugg Boots Sale | web hosting