Friday, July 27, 2012

Feature and Follow Friday (21)


This is a feature hosted by Para-Junkee and Alison can Read.They have been awesome and this feature allows to meet new book bloggers and book fans spread all over the Land of Internet.

Q:Summer Reading. What was your favorite book that you were REQUIRED to read when you were in school?
I love the question for this week. I give all the credit of my reading fanatism to my school. I was required to read many great books throughtout my school life. We were rquired to the usuall Shakespere but also we had books on poetry,short stories, and full length novels. Not to mention the books with extracts from classics like Pride and Prejudice and Emma, to name a few. Of course we had the good old library which none of my friends would go to. Whereas I would go and find old books which had stopped being issued and bring them home. They would have holes in them but I loved them so much I would read them anyway staying up all night. Yeah, I stayed up all night even in school to read my favourite books.

If I had to choose I was narrow my favourites down to


THE HOUND OF THE BASKERVILLES by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
It was so hard to read this as it a level higher than what I was used to but I loved it every page of it. I must have read it at least 4 times over the years. That’s not including the once we read with the class



ROBINSON CRUSOE by Daniel Defoe
This book was part of a project we were meant to do and I loved how Crusoe had to make do with whatever little resources he had had on the island. He was so lovely yet he made the most of it. It gives you hope and teaches you never to give up.









Honourable mentions:





Black Beauty by Anna Sewell








The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain.








What books did you read at school which were a pleasure rather than a pain to read?









I love reading your comments so feel free to chat.
You can follow me however you like RSS, GFC or Linky



18 comments:

rachel on July 27, 2012 at 1:10 PM said...

I would love to read Black Beauty for school but... oh well!

Old GFC follower! Thanks for stopping by! :D

-Ria xo on July 27, 2012 at 1:11 PM said...

Slightly fangirling at your Sherlock book, I love the TV show WAY too much.<3 Bleack Beauty is amazing!

New follower via GFC and Linky.(:

My Follow Friday.

-Ria xo on July 27, 2012 at 1:13 PM said...

Sorry, I meant to say old follower [through both ways]!

Jessica@Booked Up! on July 27, 2012 at 2:20 PM said...

I love Black Beauty! I can only remember reading Of Mice and Men, The Cay and Private Peaceful for school.

Old follower, would love a follow back at
http://www.bookedupbloggers.blogspot.co.uk/

Amz on July 27, 2012 at 3:08 PM said...

Thanks for stopping by my post, just returning the favour.

Mrs. Jones on July 27, 2012 at 3:12 PM said...

Such Great choices!!
I read Black Beauty MANY MANY years ago!!! Though it was never required by school

I loved LOVED Robinson Crusoe!! I remember thinking that if I got stranded on an island, than I would be ok, all because of that book! haha

I am a new follower!

Please come follow me back
-Theresa
theresamjones.blogspot.com

Kerry on July 27, 2012 at 3:55 PM said...

I love Sherlock Holmes!

Following back - thanks for following!

-destinationbookland.blogspot.com

Jessi on July 27, 2012 at 4:26 PM said...

I have actually read all of those books myself. Black Beauty was a personal favorite as a child. Great picks!

Thanks for stopping by! And following back!

Otherwhere.Co

TheReadingPenguin on July 27, 2012 at 5:09 PM said...

Wow, you got to read some really fantastic books! Happy Friday! My FF

Vonnie on July 27, 2012 at 6:16 PM said...

You know, I haven't read any of these books. I should.

I am following you back.

Auggie on July 28, 2012 at 12:12 AM said...

Did you truly have to read "The Hound of Baskervilles"? I would have LOVED to read that in school! Lucky gal!

My FF

Unknown on July 28, 2012 at 4:32 AM said...

Black Beauty! I had completely forgotten about that book and it was one of my favs as a kid. I really wanted a horse so bad when I was younger :)

Thanks for stopping by my blog.
Following back!

Anonymous said...

Oh they are all great books. Isn't it nice when the schools / department set books that heppen to appeal to us? It must be hard for them to get it right.

http://lifefamilymagic.wordpress.com/

Michelle SedeƱo on July 29, 2012 at 10:36 AM said...

Hey, thanks for following my blog and droppin by!
I'm now following yours. :)

Michelle from Michelle Shouts Random

MzAlisaKay on July 30, 2012 at 5:19 AM said...

Sorry I'm late. Busy weekend!

You had some fantastic readings! Lots of great books listed there that I would've LOVED to read in school. I'm jealous.

Thanks for stopping by my FF. Old follower already :0)

Michelles Paranormal Vault Of Books on July 30, 2012 at 7:53 PM said...

thanks for coming by my blog, I already am a follower for awhile now, thanks for coming by and following me. :)

Jennifer @ A Librarians Library on August 1, 2012 at 12:25 AM said...

Sherlock Holmes! Good choice! I have read a few of the stories and liked them a lot! And I love the movies heehee!

Thanks for stoppin' by! Following back =)

Dawn & Winnie Book Reviews on August 1, 2012 at 2:19 PM said...

Hi,

Hopping on through from the feature and follow!

Hosted BY Parajunkee & Alison Can Read.
New Buddy, Please…. Cyber stalk me back! 

Thanks,

http://dawnandwinniebookreviews.blogspot.com


PS

My Summer Read was…Things Fall Apart By Chinua Achebe (Author) it was interesting ☺

Post a Comment

Have something to say?
I love comments on my blog. Leave a comment and I'd do my best to reply as quickly as possible.

 

Escapism Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Ugg Boots Sale | web hosting