Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (7)

Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted on Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

My Pick this week is;
THE SELECTION(The Selection # 1) by Keira Cass

For thirty-five girls, the Selection is the chance of a lifetime. The opportunity to escape the life laid out for them since birth. To be swept up in a world of glittering gowns and priceless jewels. To live in the palace and compete for the heart of the gorgeous Prince Maxon.

But for America Singer, being Selected is a nightmare. It means turning her back on her secret love with Aspen, who is a caste below her. Leaving her home to enter a fierce competition for a crown she doesn't want. Living in a palace that is constantly threatened by violent rebel attacks.

Then America meets Prince Maxon. Gradually, she starts to question all the plans she's made for herself- and realizes that the life she's always dreamed of may not compare to a future she never imagined.


The Selection has been the most discussed YA Book releasing this year so far.I know, I know, what you all must be thinking "After the author behaving badly fiasco,why would she want to read it?".That is precisely the reason I want to. I am keen to read this so as to know what the fuss is about. If you want to know what happened then click here. Even if there hadn't been such an issue around I would have still read it just for the pretty cover. I know it's hard to resist. Plus, the story line seems interesting too.

Releasing 24th of April, 2012.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say?
I love comments on my blog. Leave a comment and I'd do my best to reply as quickly as possible.

 

Escapism Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Ugg Boots Sale | web hosting