Thursday, December 22, 2011

Fifty Shades Series by E.L.James




My ratings: 5 out of 5 stars for both.

This is a combined review of both the books :Fifty Shades of Grey and Fifty Shades Darker.
I really enjoyed reading this series. It all started as everybody started reading this at the same time making me wonder what the fuss is all about until I read it myself. Without going into the premise I can say that I was delighted to have read this. Considering the fact that this series had it roosts as a Twilight Fan Fiction it certainly has left it far behind. There are vague similarities namely the colour of the main lead’s hair and that is where it ends. E.L. James takes you on a journey of discovery, lust, wonder and love. Ana’s innocence was fresh and fun to read. She was a good narrator and asked the right questions. Regardless of popular belief, she had brains even if she followed her heart. Saying this I did find her annoying when she goes ‘Oh he is so hot!’

Moving on I will talk about the main character on which this story is based. Christian Grey. Right now I don’t even know where to start. All I can say that you have to read this book to find out more about him. Personally I was simply intrigued by this weird, odd character that was liquid and would change without a moment’s notice. However as I read on I fell in love with him as did Ana. I mean how can you not? The writing is so good that you feel every emotion of the characters and you can’t stop. You want more Christian Grey again and again. It is addictive. Fifty shades Darker was so sweet and a few scenes were heart breaking.

For those who do not know let me warn you this is erotica. It has BDSM scenes which may make you uncomfortable hence my reluctance to pick this series. I am glad that it was light on this theme and the smut was scorching hot. Some reader compared Christian to a vibrator which I suppose is a compliment. The first book itself has 15 sex scenes, not that I was counting. Some lines in the story reminded me of YA but c’mon guys you have to give it some slack.

So for those who haven’t read this, please do give this a try. You can only hate it or love it like I did. The first book was very interesting but the second one was achingly sweet sometimes. I loved this series but that does not mean that I will start reading erotica from now on. At this point I only want the third and last book, Fifty Shades Freed. As I said it was delightful.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say?
I love comments on my blog. Leave a comment and I'd do my best to reply as quickly as possible.

 

Escapism Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Ugg Boots Sale | web hosting