Friday, September 9, 2011

The Vow by Julianna Garnett


My ratings 4 out of 5 stars.
The Vow is a medieval romance set in 1069. Luc Louvat is a Norman Knight sent by King William to capture the lands of Wolfridge little does he knows that it is being defended by none other than Ceara, the princess of Wolfridge after the death of her father. Circumstances throws these two together making them clash as both have twisted pasts which makes it really hard for them to open up to each other. The fact that they were enemies keeps getting in their way. It was frustrating to see both of them going back and forth so much. However it made their final union all the more sweet. This story was not just about two people falling in love. It was how they got over the fact that they were enemies who had very different point of view coming together and trust each other with love.

I read a medieval romance after a long time so it took a bit of getting used to the language and the rough handling of the heroine by the hero. But it was alright later as this was what was acceptable before and as I read more about Luc I did not mind it as much. My favourite character turned out to be Sheba. She was adorable. Can I please, please have a pet wolf too?

I would recommend it to all Medieval Romance fans.

ARC provided by NetGalley.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say?
I love comments on my blog. Leave a comment and I'd do my best to reply as quickly as possible.

 

Escapism Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Ugg Boots Sale | web hosting