Monday, June 6, 2016

Review: Evernight (Darkest London #5) by Kristen Callihan



Toe curling romance which will leave you breathless
Title: Evernight
Series: Darkest London
Author: Kristen Callihan
Publisher: Piatkus, UK
My ratings: 5 out of 5 stars
Released: 26th August, 2014
Being quite particular about my Paranormal Romances, every time I pick a Darkest London Book, I know I will enjoy it. Kristen Callihan is my auto buy author and her Darkest London Books are PNR gems. (Read my review of Firelight, Moonglow and Shadowdance here, here and here)

Evernight is no different. Holly Evernight is a SOS operative with a genius and inventive mind. But her past catches up with her in the form of Will, the man whose heart she replaced with one of her inventions. While she is suffering from the affects of her abduction in the previous book, the deranged Will is determined to kill her. With a set up like this, how could I not be invested in this book.

This couple had been hinted in the previous book and even then I was rather intrigued by Will, the Sanguine Demon. Needless to say that he completely won me over in Evernight. He had a dirty mind and even dirtier tongue. Someone like him paired with the prim and composed Holly, promised to have fire and it delivers. I loved the fact that the only way Will could stave his madness by physically touching Holly. Ha! From the get go we had a touchy feel-y couple who almost hated each other. Filled will palpable sexual tension which will have you licking your lips, Evernight was extremely enjoyable.

I am amazed at how deftly Kristen Callihan has expanded the Darkest London world. It is even more incredible that it all started with a mysterious man with a mask. Archer will forever be my favourite hero written by her, even if Will came close, Archer will always have a special place in my heart.

If you a fan of Paranormal Romance, the Darkest London series is a must read. In fact if you haven't read a single book in this series I would ask if you have been living under a stone? Evernight has toe curling romance, awe inspiring world building and character who are not only complex but broken and real. Do yourself a favour and pick this series.

Review copy provided by the publisher


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say?
I love comments on my blog. Leave a comment and I'd do my best to reply as quickly as possible.

 

Escapism Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Ugg Boots Sale | web hosting