Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Review: The Problem With Forever by Jennifer L. Armentrout


Gut wrenchingly beautiful
Title: The Problem with Forever
Author: Jennifer L . Armentrout
Publisher: Mira Ink, UK
My ratings: 4 out of 5 stars
Released: 1st June, 2016
T
he Problem with Forever is the story of Mallory and Rider. Having been grown up together as foster kids in a house where they were regularly abused and Rider was the one friend Mallory relied on. He saved her time and time again, getting the beatings himself, but saving Mallory each time. However, the two kids are separated and with a stroke of luck, Mallory is snow is a loving family who have adopted her. Now she is ready to finally start school again but fate has other plans and she ends up meeting Rider again on her first day at school. Now that they have reunited, how will Mallory and Rider’s lives pan out from this moment on.

As far as foraying into YA contemporary books goo, it was a good attempt. With a solid plot with characters which grow through the course of the book. The plot never slowed for me and Mallory’s struggle with herself felt genuine and real to me.

While the whole abused foster kids struggling to cope as teenagers premise sounds familiar if not clichéd, the author still managed to keep my attention in the book. It was not simply about what had happened to these children but how they slowly growing up and getting over what was done to them. While some tragic events happened I felt that not only Mallory but Rider did a whole lot of maturing.

Jennifer L Armentrout writes sexual tension like no other and The Problem with Forever was no exception. On a side note, what is the trend with strange character names? Who is called Rider these days? Unless, I’m totally out of it? Also, there is also a prospective romance between Ainsley and Hector which I am curious about.

Over all, it was a solid, heart-warming contemporary romance book, which despite having the neglected foster kids arc, managed to hook me in to the very last minute.

Releases on the 1st of June, 2016 
Review copy provided by Mira Ink via NetGalley


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say?
I love comments on my blog. Leave a comment and I'd do my best to reply as quickly as possible.

 

Escapism Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Ugg Boots Sale | web hosting