Hello everyone. Today I’m really pleased to be blog tour stop of Eight Grave After Dark. I absolutely adore this series which not only ticks all the boxes of being an amazing Urban Fantasy series, these books are addictive, sexy, funny, witty and so much more. So for those people who have never read this series, (who don’t know what they are missing out) I’ve compiled a small list as to why someone should read the Charlie Davidson Series. However before we proceed, for those who are already familiar with this series, let’s take a quick look as to what’s in store for this edition of Charlie madness. And you folks, yes you, the new readers, close your eyes as I don’t want to give you spoilers.
Series: Charlie Davidson
Author: Darynda Jones
Publisher: Pistkus Books, UK
Released: 19th May, 2015
Charley Davidson has enough to be getting on with. She is, after all, incredibly pregnant and feeling like she could pop at any moment. But, just her luck, twelve deadly beasts from hell have chosen this time to escape, and they've made Charley their target. She takes refuge at the only place they can't get to her: the grounds of an abandoned convent. Before long, Charley also has a new case to hold her attention: the decades-old murder of a newly-vowed nun she keeps seeing in the shadows of the convent.
Add to that the still unsolved murder of her father, the strange behavior of her husband, and Charley's tendency to attract the, shall we say, undead, and she has her hands full . . . but also tied. While the angry hellhounds can't traverse the consecrated soil, they lurk beyond its borders like evil sentries, so Charley has been forbidden from leaving the sacred grounds and is powerless to get the answers she wants.
Luckily, she has her loyal team with her, and they're a scrappy bunch. They scour the prophesies, searching for clues on the Twelve, and their presence is comforting - it's almost as though they've all been drawn to her as part of a bigger picture . . . But the good feelings don't last for long because Charley is about to get the surprise of her crazy, mixed-up, supernatural life.
Eight Reasons to Read, the Charlie Davidson Series.
1.Charlie – She is the main protagonist and is a roaring laugh. She is someone you want to be forever friends with. She is a mixture of all the craziness you wanted from your best friend with an added dash of extra fun to it. She is hilarious, witty and sarcastic. Once you get to know her you’d want to be friends with her in real and go out on a girly night for some tequila shots.
2. Cookie - Charlie’s Best Friend. She is exactly what you need in a best friend. She fuels the fire that is Charlie and is always ever ready with her sassiness to brighten up your day. 2. Ghosts- There are ghost. Lots of them. As our main character is Charlie the Grim Reaper, plenty of ghosts abounds the pages of this series.
3. Mr. Wong – The resident ghost in Charlie’s apartment. He is always facing the wall in corner and never moves. Which is super creepy but it is hilarious.
4. Rip Roaring Comedy – This series is one of those few books which has made me laugh out loud. The dialogue, plotting and character interaction will leave you in stitches. I challenge you to read these books and not smile while doing so.
5. The Mystery- There is always a huge mystery to solve in each book and getting to the bottom is fun and exciting with Charlie bringing her own style of investigation.
6. Coffee - Yes, Charlie is a huge coffee addict and she can go without sleep for many days with just coffee as her fuel. Also seen in the the writer of this blog.
7. Reyes- I saved the best for the last. Even if the above seven reasons don’t seem compelling enough to pick up this series, this dude will. When Reyes makes his first appearance in First Grave to the Left, he is a complete mystery. But is is smoking hot and poor Charlie stands no chance when he puts his game face on. Their relationship is a roller coaster ride which you cannot help but ride on. He alone can make these books stand on their own and the rest of the reasons are just icing on top. Read this book at your own peril as I’m sure you book boyfriend list will be reshuffled with Reyes in the top ten spot.
8. I said so.- After all the above reasons, you are still hesitating to read this, I’ll still say, indulge me and pick up the first book, First Grave to the Left and before you know it, you’d have read till Eighth Grave After Dark and looking for the ninth book.
Eight Grave After Dark has already been released in the UK by Piatkus Books. So go grab your copy today.