Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Review: Forget You by Jennifer Echols



Sweet, romantic and organically developed
Title: Forget Me
Author: Jennifer Echols
Publisher: Simon and Schuster, UK
My ratings: 5 out of 5 stars
Released: 30th June, 2010
After reading the fantastic Going Too Far by Jennifer Echols, I had high expectation from Forget Me. Thankfully it does not disappoint. Zoey is struggling coping with her family breaking apart, her mom turning suicidal and her dad getting his 24 year assistant pregnant. Then one day she has an accident and the next morning her memory is hazy. She remembers tiny bits of her memories which unsettles her but the next day her old time nemesis Doug turns up at her house and behaving in all intents and purpose her boyfriend.

With a premise like that how could I not be intrigued. Zoey was a sad person. With her family in shambles her own state of mind is further from normal. She is struggling to cope and goes and loses her virginity to her long time friend who doesn't even fancy her. to be honest while I liked Zoey I didn't love her. I understood her reasons and personality but I think she came across slightly snobbish. While Doug was pretty presumptuous and manipulating. While he may or may not have understood her reasons for acting strange, he withholds information which may be for Zoey's benefit or perhaps for his own.

What I did like about this book is how it makes two people closer organically. The small glances and conversations make all the difference and you can feel the 'connection' palpable in the air. Jennifer Echols have never shied from laying the smexy on and I applaud her for taking that stance and portraying the real lives of Teens.

Once more Forget You was fun. breezy and alive with the tension between Zoey and Doug. the moment between them in the bus and the car were so poignant and thick with tension that I was ready to scream, "Just do it already!" If you like sweet and romantic contemporary book, Forget You not is for you.




1 comments:

Unknown on August 10, 2015 at 1:45 PM said...

I know this is in truth boring and you are skipping to the next comment, but I just wanted to throw you a big thank Diabazole you - you cleared up some things for me!How is it that just anybody can create a blog and get as popular as this? http://www.healthsupreviews.com/diabazole/

Post a Comment

Have something to say?
I love comments on my blog. Leave a comment and I'd do my best to reply as quickly as possible.

 

Escapism Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Ugg Boots Sale | web hosting