Sunday, May 10, 2015

Review: The Boys Next Door (The Boys Next Door #1) by Jennifer Echols



Light-hearted, breezy and fun
Title: The Boys Next Door
Series: The Boys Next Door
Author: Jennifer Echols
Publisher: Simon and Schuter, UK
My ratings: 4 out of 5 stars
Releases: 26th June, 2007
L ately I have been on a Jennifer Echols binge and reading up on all her back titles. After being impressed by Going Too Far, I was looking forward to reading The Boys Next Door.

Lori lives next door to her life long crush Sean. This year she has decided to girlify herself and finally get Sean attention but instead it is Adam who keeps butting in. Slowly as the summer progresses Lori is determined in her quest to finally make Sean her boyfriend but his younger brother Adam may have different plans.

The Boys Next Door was meant was an younger audience than Going Too Far and it shows. The protagonist is younger with a voice of a 15 year old which Jennifer managed to capture effortlessly. Lori was naive, impulse and stubborn. She had her mind set on something she was determined to get it. This may annoy some people but I enjoyed reading about a strong willed girl.

Sean was definitely hot but I think he wasn't able to hold a candle in front of Adam who was protective,broody and yet funny. He had liked Lori for a long time but Lori is completely oblivious to it.

The slice of life at the Lakeside was fun and I really enjoyed the summery feel it gave to the story.

Light-hearted, fun and sweet, The Boys Next Door felt breezy and short. Recommended to contemporary YA romance readers.




1 comments:

Kraemer Jason on August 25, 2015 at 10:26 AM said...

Im impressed by the way you embraced this subject. It really is not usually I come across a website with winning articles like yours. Alpha XTRM I will bookmark your feed to stay up to date along with your upcoming updates.Like it and do preserve up the solid work.Wow, this is very interesting to read. Have you ever considered submitting articles to magazines?http://www.healthcaresdiscussion.com/alpha-xtrm/

Post a Comment

Have something to say?
I love comments on my blog. Leave a comment and I'd do my best to reply as quickly as possible.

 

Escapism Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Ugg Boots Sale | web hosting