Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Audiobook Review: The Assassin's Blade (Throne of Glass #0.1-0.5) by Sarah J Maas


Majestic, beautiful and gut wrenching
Title: Assassin’s Blade
Series: Throne of Glass
Author: Sarah J Maas
Publisher: Bloomsbury, UK and Audible Books
My ratings: 5 out of 5 stars
Released: 13th March, 2014
The Assassin’s Blade is a collection of novella set before the amazing series, Throne of Glass start. It consists of five stories which follows Celaena’s story on how she got to the salt mines in the first place.

If you are new to this series you don’t have to start this series from The Assassin’s Blade before reading Throne of Glass but it is a fabulous edition of the stories and it is a wonder to Celaena in all her glory before she is picked up my Chaol at Endovier.

I realise that when the early books were released some readers had some reservations about Celaena’s claim to be the calibre of assassin she was portrayed as. This book blows that into smithereens as we get to read about how Celaana’s life was as Arobynn’s prodigy.

Best of all it had Sam Cortland. I’ll fore-warn that the last novella The Assassin and The Empire would require a box of tissue. It took me through a roller-coaster of emotion from hope to devastation to anger. I was utterly furiously on Celaena’s behalf.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book with it various novellas and I have a feeling some of them will be coming back in the future books of Throne of Glass. I adore whatever S J Mass as she has talent to somehow her readers able to connect and root for her characters. Moreover after the events of Assassin’s Blade I’m afraid for Celaena and also for me as Mass is not afraid to take risks with her characters and I don’t think my heart will be able to take any more after Sam Cortland.

Mass knows how to write her male protagonists and time and time again she keeps churning out fabulous ones like Sam, Chaol, Dorian, Rowan, Tamlin, Lucien, Rhys. Sigh. I suppose you get my point.

I can whole heartedly recommend this book as it made me tear up in the train which hasn’t happened in a long time. The narrator Elizabeth Evans did a great job at bringing Celaena to life with the right mix of entitlement, arrogance and emotion.

This book and this series is majestic, fabulous, and non-stop action. If you haven’t read this series I’d ask you to drop everything and start this now. It just that good.

You can read my reviews of Throne of Glass, Crown of Midnight and Heir of Fire by clicking on them.




1 comments:

Unknown on July 9, 2015 at 10:06 AM said...

Thank you for this fantastic site. I am looking around at the other comments, and wonder King Size Male Enhancement if I'm the only one here who gets this blog. Seriouslylook around at these comments people have left!I had this website saved some time in the past but my computer crashed. I have since gotten a new one and it took me a while to locate this! I also really like the theme though. http://www.strongmenmuscle.com/king-size-male-enhancement/

Post a Comment

Have something to say?
I love comments on my blog. Leave a comment and I'd do my best to reply as quickly as possible.

 

Escapism Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Ugg Boots Sale | web hosting