Monday, December 22, 2014

Review: Day 21 (The Hundred #2) by Kass Morgan


Worthy sequel or a fad

Title: Day 21
Series: The Hundred
Author: Kass Morgan
Publisher: Hodder and Stoughton
My ratings: 3 out of 5 stars
Released: 25th September , 2014
Day 21 follows immediately from where The 100 ends. Wells has just discovered Earthborns and things are still tense at the settlement. Bellamy and Clarke have left together to find Octavia and Glass is still stuck in the Ark. This book is called Day 21 because it is meant to be significant as the effects of radiations start to show at this point.

I enjoyed Day 21 as much as I did The 100. Admittedly, the plot was smother and tighter, it still possess a mind of it's own and tends to move very quickly. I suppose that is what it has in common with the TV series. There is development between Clarke and Bellamy's relationship and Wells still moons over Clarke but things change pretty soon. We get to see new characters coming into the picture, whom I still have to make my mind on.

This time around, there was a bit more drama on the ship where citizens are fighting over the limited number of seats available in the exodus ship. More relationship hijinks between Luke and Glass and a lot more action this time. As far as the flash backs are concerned, they are still there and I have accepted the fact that they are merely the author's style of story telling however jumpy it may be. At least reading it wasn't hard this time as I had a paper copy and the fonts appeared clear and crisp.

Overall, I don't have much to say about Day 21. I will maintain that while the premise for this series is exciting and new, the treatment leaves a lot to be desired. Some plot lines are resolved too quickly and while some takes sudden turns which leaves the reader unnerved. My favourite couple is still Glass and Luke but there is another couple emerging too. Will I read the next book in the series is a question I won't be able to answer at this very moment as there are a few things I'm still undecided about. This is not a bad book but it's not particularly remarkable either.

Copy provided by Hodder and Stoughton


1 comments:

Unknown on July 13, 2015 at 12:37 PM said...

There are some interesting points in this clause but I dont know if I see all of them eye to heart. King Size Male Enhancement There is some validity but I will take hold legal opinion until I look into it further. Good clause, thanks and we want more! Added to FeedBurner as well.http://www.healthcaresdiscussion.com/king-size-male-enhancement/

Post a Comment

Have something to say?
I love comments on my blog. Leave a comment and I'd do my best to reply as quickly as possible.

 

Escapism Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Ugg Boots Sale | web hosting