Monday, May 26, 2014

Review: Eversea (Eversea #1) by Natasha Boyd


Sweet and endearing cinderella story
Title: Eversea
Series: Eversea
Author: Natasha Boyd
Publisher: Headline
My ratings: 4 out of 5 stars
Released: 14th January, 2014
Eversea is what I’d call a good New Adult book. Lately I’ve been quite picky with NA titles as they all seem so similar. And yes, Eversea in a way is similar but is well written and nicely done.

Keri Ann is a Southern Belle living in a coastal town in her crumbling house in South Carolina. She is working as a waitress but in fact she is waiting for her brother to finish his studies so that she can start college. Out of sheer luck, she meets Jack Eversea, the young and up-coming movie star one night, who is running away from the media due to his recent break up with his girlfriend. Sparks fly instantly between Keri Ann and Jack.

I really enjoyed the meetings between Jack and Keri Ann. They obviously were attracted towards each other and I loved reading how each scene was fraught with tension as to will they or wont they. The dilemma was to whether Keri Ann was attracted to Jack for his good looks or his personality or the fact that he played the fictional character in the movie which was made from Keri Ann’s favourite book. I’d bet on the role but of course the author had different ideas.

The setting was beautifully written as I could feel the sticky heat of the sun beating down on me and the way legs get glue to leather seats. The quirks of living in a small town were well captured.

This was one of the books which I enjoyed but don’t really have much to say about. What I do want to say is that at this point I’m still not sure why Jack likes Keri Ann? Why she likes him is obvious as it’s told from her POV but why him? It’s not like he has not met other simple non Hollywood girls before. But what exactly about her did he find irresistible?

Eversea is one of the good New Adult titles floating around which delivers and does not feel regurgitated a million times. It’s a bit of a Cinderella story and that’s what adds an element of whimsical which had me turning the pages as I smiled. I’d recommend it for fans of pretty covers and New Adult books.

ARC received by Headline via NetGalley


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say?
I love comments on my blog. Leave a comment and I'd do my best to reply as quickly as possible.

 

Escapism Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Ugg Boots Sale | web hosting