Monday, July 1, 2013

Review: Acid by Emma Pass


Action filled dystopia which felt lacking...

Title: Acid
Author: Emma Pass
Publisher: Corgi/ Random House Publishing
Released: 25th April, 2013  
My ratings: 2 out of 5 stars.
With all my blogger friends eagerly anticipating Acid, I was really excited about getting my hands on this debut novel. It starts off with a bang with our heroine doing her time in a all male prison. In fact she is the only girl in the facility. She has a shaved head and will totally kick you in the nuts if you go anywhere near her.

 Set in a Dystopian world where ACID the resident policing authority controls everything including when and how many children you have and whom you marry Jenna seemed like she was destined for greater things. With such a setting and an opening I felt confident I will be loving this book. Unfortunately, that did not happen to me.

The plot got worse and worse as the story went on. I simply could not grasp Jenna. Without giving away spoilers. she had to take up so many persona that even till the last page I was unable 'feel' her. Perhaps that was the biggest downfall for me. As I could not relate to her the setting nor the plot held much of an interest to me. Even the rest of the characters lacked depth to them which made me uninterested in the story.

The plot felt like it was getting sidetracked and I wasn't taken in by the romance. I may go a limb and say it felt like the movie of Total Recall.

 I wished there was something positive I could say about this which I'm sure there is but this was not something for me. There was lots of action and cool moves if you're into it. I'd recommend it to YA readers who like good action with a dystopian setting.  

ARC received by Random House Publishing via NetGalley


1 comments:

Jelly on July 1, 2013 at 7:47 AM said...

I've never heard of this title. But I have been going sick of dystopian books lately. Great review though. :)

Post a Comment

Have something to say?
I love comments on my blog. Leave a comment and I'd do my best to reply as quickly as possible.

 

Escapism Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Ugg Boots Sale | web hosting