Thursday, June 6, 2013

Meeting Joe Hill

Hi guys, 
I'm really excited to share with you guys that I got to meet Joe Hill today.
My friend is his massive fan and she always insisted that I read his books. I'm ashamed to say that at that time had little interest in horror. However, I will admit after meeting and listening to such a famed writer I have been really inspired to explore this genre.
Thank fully we already had booked tickets for this sold out event, Infact there were people outside the door who wanted to buy tickets but none were available.

We all sat down comfortablly, and then at nearly 7 pm Joe Hill made an appearence. And the first thing he does was take out photos to post it on Twitter. LOL


Then he talked about his new book NOS4R2, which was recently published. He was kind enough to read the first chapter and let me tell you he was great. He read it so well that I thought I was listening to an audiobook. 

After wards, there was a Q&A session, when we got to ask him some interesting and silly question.


In the end, we queued up to get our copies signed. 

I really enjoyed this event and I realised I have been missing out on this wonderful authors writing. He somehow made horror funny without making it camp and cheesy. He had a great sense of humor and I'm sure that's what reflects in his writing.
Check out Joe's other books. In fact, Horns is being made into a movie soon. It comes out at the end of this year.



I will surely pick up more of his books now.

NOS4R2 released on 30th April by Orion in the UK.



1 comments:

The HoneyNerds on June 6, 2013 at 6:03 PM said...

Wonderful to read about this event! I've just put NOS4R2 on my TBR list because I've been hearing such good things about it. If it combines humor with horror then I will definitely love it. Great recap of the signing!

Post a Comment

Have something to say?
I love comments on my blog. Leave a comment and I'd do my best to reply as quickly as possible.

 

Escapism Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Ugg Boots Sale | web hosting