Saturday, May 25, 2013

ARC Review:Dare You to (Pushing the Limits #2) by Katie McGarry

Silence. I hate silence. Silence means thinking and thinking means judgement.
Title: Dare You to
Author: Katie McGarry
Series: Pushing the Limits
 Publisher: Mira INK (Harlequin UK) 
 My ratings: 4.5 out of 5 stars 
 Released: 7th June, 2013
Pushing the Limits was a tear jerking romance between Echo and Noah and now it’s Beth’s turn to find her HEA. Beth is still looking after her alcoholic mother but under some circumstance she has to move town to live with her uncle who want her to have a go at a new start. Beth hates every minute of it. Ryan, on the other hand is your typical jock high schooler and all he knows is baseball. Dare You To is how these two completely opposite people meet and fall in love. 


  “Emotions is evil. People who make me feel are worse. I take comfort in the stone inside of me. If I don't feel, I don't hurt.”  

Beth was a delight to read. She hated herself and she was pretty venomous to anyone apart from her close friends. It was heart breaking how she had to let Isaiah go. In Pushing the Limits(read my review here), I was rooting got these two but Katie McGarry turned me around.  


“How many more of us are faking the facade? How many more of us are pretending to be something we're not? Even better, how many of us will have the courage to be ourselves regardless of what others think?”  

Ryan on the surface seemed shallow and stupid but as we go on, slowly new layers to him are revealed. He has his own demon as I was rather surprised how much I ended up liking him. I also enjoyed how the issue of homosexuality was dealt with. It was nice to read how Katie McGarry managed to teach people how homosexuality is not a forbidden matter and it should be accepted. 

  “I like you. I. Like. You. I'll admit you're annoying. Sometimes you agitate me to the brink of insanity, but you can throw it back at me like no one else. When you laugh, I want to laugh. When you smile, I want to smile. Hell, I want to be the one to make you smile.”

Noah and Echo also made and appearance and I’m glad that they are content and their happiness was not shoved down my throat, which is very annoying in romantic sequels.

  “That must be love: when everything else in the world could implode and you wouldn't care as long as you had that one person standing beside you.” 

 Overall, Dare you to was touching, revealing and heart-warming story of two broken people, falling in love and mending each other’s wounds. Some scars are visible and some are not and Beth and Ryan heal each other together and discover who and what they are. While Beth lets go, Ryan lets in and this slow healing process was soothing to experience. I’d recommend it to anyone who not just wants to read YA romance but a tale where expected love blooms, heals and teaches to love yourself and the people important to you.


 Dare You To releases on the 7th of June, 2013  

ARC provided by the publisher, MIRA Ink



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say?
I love comments on my blog. Leave a comment and I'd do my best to reply as quickly as possible.

 

Escapism Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Ugg Boots Sale | web hosting