Friday, November 2, 2012

Feature and Follow Friday (33)


 

This is a feature hosted by Para-Junkee and Alison can Read.They have been awesome and this feature allows to meet new book bloggers and book fans spread all over the Land of Internet.

Q:What is a deal breaker for you in a book? For example, do you abhor love triangles? Or can’t deal with bad editing?
 A deal breaker for me is when the story is not gripping. I ahte it when the plot is slow going yet tere is no incentive for me to keep reading. There is bad editing of course which plays a majoq role in making a book DNF. I also hate when author tell me how the charcater is feeling instead of making me feel it too.

What makes you DNf a book?


I love reading your comments so feel free to chat.

You can follow me however you like RSS, GFC or Linky




6 comments:

Anna on November 2, 2012 at 2:12 PM said...

Those are all great answers! I hate when I feel like I can't connect with the characters. Old follower :)
My FF

Liesel K. Hill on November 2, 2012 at 3:25 PM said...

Agreed! Bad editing and pacing are definitely factors for me. Old follower via GFC. My FFs are at Musings on Fantasia and LKHill. Happy Friday! :D

Mrs. Jones on November 2, 2012 at 3:46 PM said...

Definitely!
Without a fast paced plot, there is no point to even keep reading.

Old follower-
Come check out My FF
-Theresa

Also, don’t forget to enter my Giveaway to win any book from the book depository, HERE

Anya @ On Starships and Dragonwings on November 2, 2012 at 4:15 PM said...

Bad editing! I've only DNF'ed a book once (recently!) and it was for a complete lack of commas and contractions, wtf???

Old follower, but new Linky Follower :D Here's my FFF: http://www.onstarshipsanddragonwings.com/2012/11/02/feature-follow-friday-3/

Micheline on November 2, 2012 at 6:26 PM said...

YES! Loving your answer, it's pretty much the same elements I mentioned in my FFF post this week to. Slow pacing and/or when a story stops being interesting is a big, BIG one for me. Bad editing as well, but I can handle a bit more of that one if the story is SUPER compelling and makes up for it :) Thanks for sharing, old follower!

Micheline @ Lunar Rainbows

Unknown on July 3, 2015 at 8:22 AM said...

If you can not find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it Alpha ZXT ogen Belief consists in accepting the affirmations of the soul unbelief, denying hem.If you can not find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it Dogen Belief consists in accepting the affirmations of the soul unbelief, denying them.http://www.musclegainhelp.com/neuro3x/


Post a Comment

Have something to say?
I love comments on my blog. Leave a comment and I'd do my best to reply as quickly as possible.

 

Escapism Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Ugg Boots Sale | web hosting