Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (13)

Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted on Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


It was the Queen's Jubilee Celebration this weekend and the whole country is celebrating.In honour of the Jubilee Celebrations this week my WOW will be Jubilee inspired.


So my Pick this week is;



GOD SAVE THE QUEEN by Kate Locke

Queen Victoria rules with an immortal fist.

The undead matriarch of a Britain where the Aristocracy is made up of werewolves and vampires, where goblins live underground and mothers know better than to let their children out after dark. A world where being nobility means being infected with the Plague (side-effects include undeath), Hysteria is the popular affliction of the day, and leeches are considered a delicacy. And a world where technology lives side by side with magic. The year is 2012 and Pax Britannia still reigns.

Xandra Vardan is a member of the elite Royal Guard, and it is her duty to protect the Aristocracy. But when her sister goes missing, Xandra will set out on a path that undermines everything she believed in and uncover a conspiracy that threatens to topple the empire. And she is the key-the prize in a very dangerous struggle.


This looks so exciting. I know this is does not have our Queen Elizabeth in it but its about Lords and aristrocratics who are supernaturals. I am hoping it will have a gritty punk setting.

Lastly, I hope everyone is enjoying their Jubilee Bank Holiday weekend(even if I have work :( )

Releases on 3rd of July,2012.




2 comments:

Maria on June 6, 2012 at 2:23 PM said...

I hope everyone is enjoying their Jubilee Bank Holiday weekend(even if I have work :( )

Yes i enjoyed jubilee bank holiday..it was one of the most memorable day of my life...

Escapism Fanatic on June 7, 2012 at 12:38 PM said...

I'm glad you enjoyed it Maria. Did you go to the concert or have any street party?

Post a Comment

Have something to say?
I love comments on my blog. Leave a comment and I'd do my best to reply as quickly as possible.

 

Escapism Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Ugg Boots Sale | web hosting