Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Review: The Shadow Reader (McKenzie Lewis #1) by Sandy Williams

My ratings 4.5 out of 5 stars
The Shadow Reader is the first book in the new series by Sandy Williams. I believe this is her first novel and I have to commend her on the amazing world she has created.

Mckenzie is a Shadow Reader. This means she is a human who can see the Fae. Not only that she the see exactly where a Fae has gone to by just looking at the shadows created by channels made for their travelling making her a asset in between the war between the Fae Court and the rebels. She is in love with the Sword-Master, Kyol from the last ten years. But when she is kidnapped by the rebels and Aren, their leader, she starts questioning everything she has believed in so far.

The world created by Williams is very exciting and unique. While reading stories about Fae, I always think that they can be made so much more exciting and Williams does exactly that.

Mckenzie is a great heroine.She is very ‘normal’ I mean as normal as UF heroines can be. She wants a regular life, love and family. Her way of thinking is right as well, just like any other girl. This makes her emotions hit home for me; as if I were in a situation like that I would have done that too.

Kyol was a good hero too. He reminded me of Dimitri from Vampire Academy, someone who would die for his principles. Aren’t guys like that hard to come by? Aren, on the other hand, yummm, I mean hmmmm. He is a perfect bad boy for Mckenezie. She knows she should hate him but can’t help herself, neither could I while reading it. I have found another name to add to my fictional BF list.

If you want to read an UF filled with action and equal parts with romance, in which you don’t want to kill the heroine for being a bitch, this is the book for you. This is a must read for UF fans, and a series to look out for.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say?
I love comments on my blog. Leave a comment and I'd do my best to reply as quickly as possible.

 

Escapism Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Ugg Boots Sale | web hosting