Monday, January 16, 2012

Lord of the Fading Lands (Tairen Soul #1) by C.L. Wilson


My ratings: 3 out of 5 stars
Ipicked up this book after I read reviews about how great this was. Some of my reliable GR friends thought that that this was amazing and they loved the heroine too. All the shining gold plated reviews made me think-‘Ah’ finally a book which will not disappoint me.

I am not sure if it was my high expectations or that I am jaded and bitter, this book did not do it for me. The story felt fairy-tale like to me. The characters did not pop out to me and no matter how hard I tried I could not understand why I was reading it. I mean there was a story line but nothing really came out of it. Now you will ask me then why do I read Historical romances. Well, at least I get to see the hero and the heroine ending up together. On the other hand, I am not so sure about his book. I simply could not feel the magic of the romance. I could not feel their growing feelings for each other. It could not capture me as it had others. I read it though, even if I had to skip a few bits as the story felt like it was being told to me rather than letting me find it through the dialogues between the characters. I was waiting for something big to happen at the end with all the trouble the villain was going through but it felt anticlimactic to me.

The only thing I liked was the 4 warriors who were protecting Elly. They were funny and cute. I am surprised and sad to say the least as I like historical setting and fantasy spun with romance sounds like the ideal book for me. Perhaps if I had read these 5 years ago I would have fallen in love with it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say?
I love comments on my blog. Leave a comment and I'd do my best to reply as quickly as possible.

 

Escapism Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Ugg Boots Sale | web hosting